Senior Media Strategist
Who we are:
Shape a brighter financial future with us.
Together with our members, we’re changing the way people think about and interact with personal finance.
We’re a next-generation fintech company using innovative, mobile-first technology to help our nearly 3 million members reach their goals. The industry is going through an unprecedented transformation, and we’re at the forefront.
We’re proud to come to work every day knowing that what we do has a direct impact on people’s lives, with our core values guiding us every step of the way. Join us to invest in yourself, your career, and the financial world.
We are looking for a Senior Media Strategist to join our Marketing team and help grow the in-house media capabilities for our rapidly growing brand. As the Senior Media Strategist, you will be responsible for supporting the media strategy and execution across our marketing programs, identifying opportunities for innovation, efficiency, performance and storytelling to the right audience in the right context. You will be partnering closely with our brand, acquisition and product marketing teams to ensure that the creative and media are working together to tell a more complete story to our target consumer. We are looking for someone who is experienced, entrepreneurial, analytical, and creative.
What You’ll Do:
- Support our Senior Director of Media Strategy in strategic planning, RFP process, negotiating, executing, and optimizing SoFi’s media campaigns.
- Own day-to-day relationship between multiple cross-functional partners across product marketing, brand, agency partners, and data science
- Help build integrated programs across brand and acquisition to reach our target with a variety of product messaging
- Identify test-learn-scale opportunities with new and existing partners
- Responsible for supporting planning for the following channels: TV/Video (omnichannel), digital, radio/audio, OOH, print, and experiential
- Collaborate with cross-functional department leads and agency partners that are responsible for the following channels: performance digital (social media, programmatic, SEM), direct mail, and lifecycle marketing
- Manage weekly, monthly and quarterly reports to evaluate partners’ performance and performance of channels against forecast.
- Work closely with Marketing Analytics to build automated reporting dashboards and attribution models across channels
- Work closely with Brand strategy and creative team on the creation, testing and measurement of media assets and targets
- Manage budget planning and forecasting for financial models
What You’ll Need:
- 5+ years experience in media planning strategy, planning and buying—with deep experience in integrated marketing campaigns
- Must have demonstrated knowledge on a variety of media channel capabilities, strengths, and attribution methodologies in efforts to drive greater measurable awareness, traffic, and conversion.
- Strong quantitative and analytical skills
- Fundamental understating of the different technologies and marketing stacks for activating first and third-party audiences and tracking of digital advertising
- Experience with direct response-oriented clients preferred (50% of scope)
- Proven ability to develop comprehensive, executive-level presentation decks
- Knowledge of financial services / personal finance a plus
Nice to Have:
- Self-motivated, detail oriented and flexible
- Data-driven decision maker
- Strong collaborator that can drive cross-functional projects
- Creative and open to experiments
- Must be passionate and naturally curious about media industry trends and innovations
- Strong verbal, written communication skills, including demonstrated track record in managing complex projects
- Desire to work in a fast paced, entrepreneurial environment
- Stays up on current cultural trends and its impact on consumer motivations/behaviors
Why you’ll love working here:
- Competitive salary packages and bonuses
- Comprehensive medical, dental, vision and life insurance benefits
- Generous vacation and holidays
- Paid parental leave for eligible employees
- 401(k) and education on retirement planning
- Tuition reimbursement on approved programs
- Monthly contribution up to $200 to help you pay off your student loans
- Great health & well-being benefits including: telehealth parental support, subsidized gym program
- Employer paid lunch program (except for remote employees)
- Fully stocked kitchen (snacks and drinks)