iOS Software Engineer
Must-have skills & experiences
- Bring a wide variety of experience building frameworks/libraries with technologies like UIKit, Core Animation, Objective-C and/or Swift, and other Apple frameworks to the team
- Help create a scalable, modular, extensible, and highly performant app that scales with high volumes of live data transactions on the app
- Provide technical leadership to drive pragmatic yet deeply impactful architectural decisions that address current and future product needs
- Deep understanding of the technical landscape of iOS development and can introduce new paradigms and practices
- Taking a thoughtful, practical approach to problem-solving that considers tradeoffs and avoids over-engineering
What Sets You Apart
- Curious about a broad range of new or unfamiliar technologies, our consumer base, and product vision
- Seek different perspectives, feedback, and relevant information to continuously grow and improve
- Maintain strong relationships with cross-functional teams through clear communication
- Take a thoughtful and practical approach to problem-solving that considers tradeoffs and avoids over-engineering
- Comfortable asking questions and seeking knowledge in unfamiliar or ambiguous situations
- Endeavor to elevate the knowledge, skills, and abilities of yourself and others that fosters an inclusive and collaborative environment
You will be successful in the role if
- You enjoy pushing the boundaries of what technology can do and exploring uncharted waters with some supervision.
- You are curious and ready to learn about various new or unfamiliar technologies, our consumer base, and product vision.
- You have experience building transparent observability tooling and solutions that enhance developer velocity.
- You love the idea of your work empowering other engineers and striving to understand their use cases.
- Your colleagues appreciate the unique perspectives and balanced views you bring to collaborations.
- You value the opinions of others when fleshing out solutions to fill out your blind spots.
- You have familiarity with the Data-centric approach to app development.
- You always seek different perspectives, feedback, and relevant information to navigate ambiguity comfortably.
- You are effective at establishing strong relationships with cross-functional teams through clear communication.
- You deeply care about the quality & performance of the product shipped.
- You have read about Netflix’s culture and think you would thrive here