I’ve listed the best remote jobs that pay $25 per hour or more in this article.
The average hourly pay rate is based on information from PayScale.
Of course, this doesn’t mean that the pay rate is uniform throughout the world as PayScale primarily represents US salaries.
But this would provide you with valuable insight into how much you should charge if you are working as a remote employee or as a freelancer in these professions.
Most of these roles don’t require any specialized equipment other than a laptop or a desktop and stable internet connection.
However, you might want to invest in a better quality headphone with a mic and you’re good to go.
Let’s get on with the list!
Disclosure: Please note that some of the links below are affiliate links and at no additional cost to you, I’ll earn a commission. Know that I only recommend products and services I’ve personally used and stand behind.
1. Certified Public Accountant
Certified Public Accountant’s average hourly pay: $34
What do Certified Public Accountants Do?
- Certified public accountants (CPAs) handle accounting, tax, reporting, and audit tasks.
- Specific duties vary based on their employer and specialization.
- Common CPA responsibilities include reviewing financial information, preparing financial, tax, or audit documents, and staying updated on regulatory changes.
- They may conduct audits and offer suggestions for improving financial processes.
- CPAs typically work in office settings with substantial computer-based work.
- Long working hours are common during the annual tax season (January to April).
- They can work in various settings, including accounting firms, companies, non-profits, or government agencies.
- Specializations may include financial planning, taxation, auditing, or valuation.
2. Software Engineer
Software Engineer’s average hourly pay: $39
What do Software Engineers Do?
- Software engineers are vital in software design and development.
- They collaborate with software design teams to determine how software functions will operate.
- Software engineers consolidate diverse program functions into a cohesive system.
- They collaborate with programmers to outline programming tasks and smaller functions.
- These smaller functions are then integrated into larger, functioning programs or new software features.
- Software engineers are involved in both the design and development phases.
- During the design phase, they work with designers to establish the program’s basic functionalities.
- Engineers also outline automated task processes, often using design documentation and flowcharts to illustrate the process.
3. Project Manager
Project Manager’s average hourly pay: $28
What do Project Managers Do?
- Plan and develop project strategies.
- Define project goals and timelines.
- Coordinate, document, and assign tasks to project teams.
- Provide direction and support to the project team.
- Manage project budget, timeline, and resources.
- Monitor and resolve problems.
- Implement necessary changes to maintain the project timeline.
- Regularly report progress to stakeholders.
4. Senior Recruiter
Senior Recruiter’s average hourly pay: $32
What do Senior Recruiters Do?
- Senior Recruiters typically hold upper-level management roles within a company.
- They collaborate closely with a recruiting team.
- Regular meetings occur between the recruiter and other departmental managers to assess staffing needs, particularly for specialized and professional roles.
- They strategize ways to attract well-suited candidates while staying within budget constraints.
- Senior Recruiters often participate in the interview process, especially for managerial and senior professional positions.
- Their evaluations and recommendations for hiring or continued recruitment are based on interviews and in-person interactions.
5. Business Consultant
Business Consultant’s average hourly pay: $39
What do Business Consultants Do?
- Business consultants often specialize in various areas but share common responsibilities.
- They are frequently hired during a business’s startup phase to restructure and enhance its operations for increased efficiency.
- Business consultants may also be tasked with revitalizing struggling business components.
- In certain instances, business consultants are required to train employees in using specific software to boost productivity.
- Offer expert advice on market research and competitive analysis to help businesses make informed decisions.
- Develop and implement strategic plans, including marketing, sales, and operational strategies, to achieve business goals.
- Provide guidance on cost-cutting measures and budget optimization.
6. Technical Writer
Technical Writer’s average hourly pay: $26
What do Technical Writers Do?
- The primary task of technical writers involves writing instruction manuals and various documents.
- Convey complex technical information in a clear and understandable manner.
- Communicating technical information among different stakeholders, including customers, designers, production workers, and manufacturers.
- Conduct thorough research to understand complex technical concepts and products.
- Plan and manage documentation projects, including timelines and resources.
7. Senior Web Developer
Senior Web Developer’s average hourly pay: $49
What do Senior Web Developers Do?
- Lead and manage web development projects from conception to completion.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams, including designers, engineers, and project managers.
- Develop complex web applications and websites using various programming languages and frameworks.
- Implement best practices in coding, security, and scalability.
- Troubleshoot and debug web application issues.
- Identify and resolve technical challenges and bottlenecks.
- Review code from junior developers and provide constructive feedback.
- Perform testing and quality assurance to ensure web applications meet functional and performance requirements.
8. Voice-Over Talent
Voice-Over Talent’s average hourly pay: $30
What do Voice-Over Talents Do?
- Read and interpret scripts to understand the context, tone, and style required for the voice-over.
- Adapt voice, tone, and style to match the intended character or message of the script.
- Record voice-overs in a professional studio or using high-quality recording equipment.
- Ensure proper pronunciation of words and clarity in speech to enhance understanding.
- Master various languages and accents, if required, to cater to diverse audiences.
- Adapt narration styles for documentaries, audiobooks, e-learning modules, and more.
9. Speech-Language Pathologist
Speech-Language Pathologist’s average hourly pay: $39
What do Speech-Language Pathologists Do?
- Conduct assessments and evaluations of patients’ speech, language, voice, fluency, and communication disorders.
- Collect and analyze relevant case history and medical information.
- Provide speech and language therapy to individuals with communication disorders.
- Use evidence-based techniques and exercises to improve speech and language skills.
- Work with patients to improve articulation, fluency, voice quality, and language comprehension.
- Educate patients and their families about communication disorders, therapy goals, and home exercises.
10. Systems Administrator
Systems Administrator’s average hourly pay: $25
What do Systems Administrators Do?
- Ensure the reliability and proper maintenance of computer systems within their organization.
- Perform regular systems and security monitoring.
- Manage backup procedures and data retention.
- Assist in the setup, maintenance, and deletion of user accounts.
- Develop and maintain procedures and standards.
- Ensure hardware and systems function correctly.
- Maintain necessary archives.
- Provide technical support for systems.
- Manage patches and upgrades for system efficiency and effectiveness.
11. Medical Writer
Medical Writer’s average hourly pay: $41
What do Medical Writers Do?
- Research, write, and edit clinical documents like protocols, research papers, analysis plans, and consent forms.
- Requires a deep understanding of the medical field and biological science.
- May involve conducting interviews with medical professionals.
- Occasional involvement in writing copy for commercial purposes.
- Typically works in an office during regular business hours.
- Responsible for dispensing written information, including training details, best-practice procedure outlines, and preventive health recommendations.
12. Data Scientist
Data Scientist’s average hourly pay: $38
What do Data Scientists Do?
- Gather and acquire data from various sources, including databases, APIs, and external datasets.
- Clean and preprocess data to ensure its quality and consistency for analysis.
- Build, train, and fine-tune machine learning models for various tasks, such as classification, regression, clustering, and recommendation.
- Evaluate model performance using appropriate metrics and techniques like cross-validation.
- Communicate findings and insights to non-technical stakeholders through reports, presentations, and data visualizations.
- Work with big data technologies such as Hadoop, Spark, and distributed computing frameworks to handle large datasets.
13. Technical Consultant
Technical Consultant’s average hourly pay: $38
What do Technical Consultants Do?
- Analyze client needs, goals, and challenges.
- Identify technical issues or areas requiring improvement.
- Assist in the implementation of technical solutions.
- Collaborate with development teams or IT staff.
- Troubleshoot technical issues as they arise.
- Provide training sessions to clients or end-users.
14. Solutions Architect
Solutions Architect’s average hourly pay: $75
What do Solutions Architects Do?
- Analyze business requirements and goals to develop tailored technical solutions.
- Design and architect complex systems and applications for remote work environments.
- Evaluate and select appropriate technologies and tools for remote solutions.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to ensure seamless integration of remote systems.
- Provide technical guidance and support to remote teams and stakeholders.
- Conduct risk assessments and implement security measures for remote systems.
15. Site Reliability Engineer
Site Reliability Engineer’s average hourly pay: $47
What do Site Reliability Engineers Do?
- Monitor and ensure the availability, performance, and reliability of remote systems and services.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to design and implement robust and scalable infrastructure.
- Troubleshoot and resolve incidents, including system outages and performance issues, in a timely manner.
- Implement and maintain automated tools and scripts for system monitoring and maintenance.
- Perform system upgrades, patches, and optimizations to enhance performance and security.
- Create and maintain documentation related to system configurations, procedures, and incident responses.
16. Senior Database Administrator
Senior Database Administrator’s average hourly pay: $64
What do Senior Database Administrators Do?
- Oversee the design, installation, configuration, and maintenance of database systems.
- Ensure the security, integrity, and performance of databases.
- Perform regular data backups and implement disaster recovery plans.
- Identify and resolve database performance bottlenecks.
- Optimize queries and database structures for efficiency.
- Monitor system resource utilization and make adjustments as necessary.
17. DevOps Engineer
DevOps Engineer’s average hourly pay: $49
What do DevOps Engineers Do?
- Develop and maintain infrastructure code using tools like Terraform or CloudFormation.
- Automate infrastructure provisioning and scaling processes.
- Implement and manage CI/CD pipelines to automate software delivery.
- Ensure code changes are built, tested, and deployed efficiently and reliably.
- Manage server configurations using tools like Ansible, Puppet, or Chef.
- Ensure consistency and reliability across servers and environments.
18. Quality Assurance Engineer
Quality Assurance Engineer’s average hourly pay: $27
What do Quality Assurance Engineers Do?
- Develop test cases and test scripts based on project specifications, ensuring thorough coverage of all functionalities.
- Execute test cases, record test results, and report any defects or issues in the software.
- Conduct regression testing after code changes to ensure that existing functionalities are not affected.
- Test the application on various platforms, browsers, and devices to ensure cross-compatibility.
- Maintain detailed records of test cases, test results, and defect reports for reference and analysis.
- Assess the software’s performance and scalability by conducting load, stress, and performance tests.
19. Senior Financial Analyst
Senior Financial Analyst’s average hourly pay: $35
What do Senior Financial Analysts Do?
- Analyze financial data, trends, and performance indicators to provide valuable insights and recommendations.
- Develop financial forecasts and budgets to guide decision-making and long-term planning.
- Create complex financial models to assess various scenarios and their impact on the company’s financial health.
- Conduct in-depth variance analysis to compare actual financial results against budgets and forecasts.
- Evaluate investment opportunities and provide recommendations based on ROI and risk assessments.
- Monitor and control expenses to ensure the company operates within budgetary constraints.
20. Product Designer
Product Designer’s average hourly pay: $33
What do Product Designers Do?
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to understand project goals and user requirements.
- Conduct user research and analysis to inform design decisions.
- Create wireframes, prototypes, and mockups to visualize product concepts.
- Iterate designs based on feedback from stakeholders and user testing.
- Develop and maintain design systems and guidelines for consistency.
- Communicate design concepts and rationale effectively to team members.
- Work closely with developers to ensure design implementation aligns with the vision.
Final Thoughts on Remote Jobs That Pay $25 Per Hour
As you can see, there are many remote jobs that pay $25 per hour or more.
And now you know, how much you’re worth as a remote employee if you’re working in these roles.
Are you looking for remote work opportunities?
Explore our site and good luck with your remote job search!
Did you enjoy this article?
Hi! I’m Abhigyan, a passionate remote web developer and writer with a love for all things digital. My journey as a remote worker has led me to explore the dynamic landscape of remote companies. Through my writing, I share insights and tips on how remote teams can thrive and stay connected, drawing from my own experiences and industry best practices. Additionally, I’m a dedicated advocate for those venturing into the world of affiliate marketing. I specialize in creating beginner-friendly guides and helping newbie affiliates navigate this exciting online realm.
As a remote manager, your leadership style is the invisible thread that binds your team together.…
The rise of remote work has become a game-changer for companies worldwide, mainly for their…
Remote working in Thailand has become increasingly popular as more and more digital nomads have…
As geographical boundaries are no longer constraints in hiring, the decision to hire remote employees…
In this article, we will explore eight ways to maximize remote work productivity in your…
Working from home has become the new normal for many professionals worldwide. While this arrangement…