Senior QA Automation Engineer
Possible is a venture-backed consumer fintech that has radically reinvented small-dollar loans. We are working to lend in a more affordable and sustainable way to help people improve their financial health. Building on our success, Possible is adding two additional products in the pursuit of making financial services more fair and affordable.
Now in our 4th year, we are pleased to share we have seen serious growth, helped hundreds of thousands of customers, and have a stellar rating (100,000+ people give us an average of 4.8 stars at the app store). Our team has delivered and is making a difference.
You are a full-stack Senior SDET/QA Engineer with a desire to work with products and people that make a positive impact on the lives of others! You take pride in your efforts to deliver a high-quality product because you care about the users’ experience. You’re a self-motivated, lifelong learner, who enjoys mentoring junior QA team members. You are dedicated to excellence and promote a quality-centric mentality across the organization.
As the Senior QA automation Engineer at Possible Finance, you’ll be supporting multiple projects by collaborating with others to understand business requirements, developing test plans, creating and implementing manual and automated tests, and ensuring that the product is high-quality and functioning properly.
- Develop new automation tests and contribute to continuous delivery
- Collaborate with affected business and user areas to develop and document detailed test suites using our behavior-driven development model
- Work independently and as part of an agile team to resolve issues and make improvements
- Provide project management with software testing effort estimates for project planning and scheduling purposes
- Thoroughly analyze test execution results to ensure that the work products align with approved design and documented requirements
- Report all defects discovered using defined defect reporting processes
- Participate in the coordination and monitoring of software development activities including all related meetings, walkthroughs, technical reviews, testing, and problem resolution
- Be adaptable enough to work on whatever is essential to finish tasks
- Extensive SDET/QA Testing experience including full-stack testing, manual testing, and automated testing on web and mobile
- Strong experience with mobile automation testing using Appium
- Accustomed to using automated testing tools and techniques (Appium, Selenium, Cucumber)
- Experience mentoring junior-level QA engineers in the team
- Proficient with formal testing processes, writing test cases and test scenarios (manual and automation), and working with scripting languages and APIs
- Effective prioritization skills with the ability to provide QA support for multiple projects
- Innovative and curious to come up with interesting test scenarios and apply appropriate methods to any given test scenario
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills to provide candid feedback and explain complex issues in a way that is easy to understand
- A focus on continuous improvement and willingness to work across functions, with different subject matter experts
- Proven track record of meeting deadlines and remaining focused on details in an environment where priorities frequently shift
We are a fast-growing, fully distributed, FinTech startup that believes financial health is something everyone deserves, not just the affluent. We’re committed to empowering the underserved with tools to better their economic situation. We promise to be transparent, serve with kindness, be responsible, and hold ourselves accountable for crafting positive change. Possible is backed by leading investors such as Union Square Ventures, Canvas Ventures, and FJ Labs.
Possible is fully distributed and has team members across the US and in Asia and Latin America. Our primary coordination hours are 9a to 3p Pacific Time.
Benefits (for US-based employees):
Joining an early-stage, venture-backed company does not mean you will sacrifice benefits. We offer excellent medical, dental, and vision coverage and pay 85% of employee premiums and 50% of eligible dependent premiums. We also offer childcare and healthcare FSAs; life and disability (short- and long-term) insurance; an Employee Assistant Program; and a 401(k) plan.
Diverse, Equitable, & Inclusive Work Environment:
Possible Finance values inclusion and believes diversity at all levels is the best way for us to accomplish our mission. We aspire to be among the industry’s most inclusive work environments and are a proud equal opportunity employer. All aspects of employment including the decision to hire, promote, discipline, or discharge, will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs. We do not discriminate on the basis of any status protected under federal, state, or local law.