- Install, configure, and support in-house developed applications, including regular deployments of new code to staging and production environments.
- Configure and support the OS, servers and containers that house the in-house developed applications.
- Maintain and continuously improve application uptime and availability.
- Design and engineer the application infrastructure to support the requirements of the application as well as any HA and DR expectations.
- Handle periodic on-call rotation that supports our 24/7 environment.
- Manage incident tickets and service requests that pertain to the applications the team supports.
- Document the application infrastructure and data flow to facilitate the passing of audits.
Skills, Knowledge, & Expertise
- Demonstrated hands-on experience supporting applications, servers and OS infrastructure.
- Hands on experience designing and maintaining Microsoft server environments. Experience with Linux is a plus.
- Demonstrated experience with Dev Ops CI/CD.
- Demonstrated experience monitoring applications using APM tools such as AppDynamics, Solarwinds, etc.
- In-depth understanding of operational dependencies of applications, networks, systems, security, and policy.
- Demonstrated experience designing High Availability and Disaster Recovery strategies for new applications.
- Experience with container technology in Docker, Kubernetes, etc.
- Demonstrated experience with scripting, such as Powershell, Bash, Python, etc.
- Understanding of three tier architecture for applications.
- Experience with PCI and PII audit processes, including evidence gathering and documentation.
- Experience working with software development teams
- Experience with supporting databases is a plus.
- Experience with VMWare/VSphere is a plus.