Senior IT Internal Auditor
About the job
This position is needed to support and/or lead various internal audit initiatives. The team is focused on process improvements through not only its SOX program, but also operational internal audits.
This position will work closely with various teams including Technology Services, Engineering, Product, and Security to help the business mature and increase process efficiency and scalability while mitigating risks through internal controls.
In this role, you’ll:
- Assist with managing IT SOX compliance over platforms and IT internal audit efforts, including scoping, walkthroughs, testing of design and operating effectiveness, deficiency evaluation and reporting.
- Assist IT stakeholders in understanding control considerations for system development life cycle projects (SDLC), including data migrations, integrations and system implementations.
- Assist with process and control documentation, including identifying improvements for new products/systems/processes as we scale and expand.
- Prepare data flow diagrams and document IT audit procedures performed.
- Collaborate with business partners, develop practical, innovative and feasible recommendations to remediate internal audit and SOX findings and improve systems and processes with a risk mitigating mindset.
Not all applicants will have skills that match a job description exactly. Twilio values diverse experiences in other industries, and we encourage everyone who meets the required qualifications to apply. While having “desired” qualifications make for a strong candidate, we encourage applicants with alternative experiences to also apply. If your career is just starting or hasn’t followed a traditional path, don’t let that stop you from considering Twilio. We are always looking for people who will bring something new to the table!
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with ability to work with cross-functional teams.
- 2+ years of experience (Big 4 experience is a plus) and strong understanding and experience with Sarbanes Oxley 404 (SOX) requirements (IT general controls, IT application controls) or other IT Audits (NIST, GDPR, etc.).
- Excellent project manager in a creative and fast paced environment to drive results timely and on budget, and ability to work independently and as a part of a team, including managing contractors and collaborating with external auditors.
- Understanding of risk and internal control concepts and experience in applying them to plan, perform, manage and report on various processes/areas/functions.
- Ability to perform risk assessments and control deficiency, impact, and severity assessments.
- Experience in the technology industry or knowledge of platform companies with homegrown systems.
- Experience collaborating with Engineering, Security, and Technology teams is a plus.
- Experience creating process flow diagrams in Visio/Lucidchart is a plus.
- Experience with GitHub, AWS, and basic understanding of SQL and code logic is a plus.