Mercer Advisors is a different kind of wealth management firm. We exist so that our clients don’t have to worry about money. Our firm was founded in 1985, on the belief that families at all wealth levels would benefit from a fully unified approach to managing their money – “A family office for your family.”
We connect the dots of our clients’ financial lives by unifying planning, investing, taxes, estate, insurance, trust, and more. Today, we proudly serve over 25,000 families, across over 90 cities, with over $45 Billion in assets entrusted to our care. And we do this as an independent, national fiduciary – which means we are committed to always working in the clients’ best interest.
When you join our team, you will find that it is different from what you typically see in our industry. Our client-facing professionals of in-house experts are 50% women, as is our overall employee base. We bring together the best talent wherever they live –with no formal headquarters, and many flexible working arrangements – so we can assemble the best team.
The Copywriter at Mercer Advisors will support and report to the Sr. Copywriter. Working as a team, you will create compelling content for internal and external audiences that drives meaningful results. You’ll join a growing content development team that will be instrumental in creating differentiated content that is leveraged by a variety of audiences. The Copywriter must have proven strong writing skills in a variety of formats.
Essential Job Functions for the Copywriter will include:
- Strong writing skills and a knowledge of the digital landscape
- Manage multiple, concurrent projects in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment.
- Able to produce a range of content, including articles, client communication, video scripts, social posts, emails, event invites, infographics, and more.
- Ability to take previously written content and rewrite in brand voice while keeping target audience in mind.
- Able to embrace AI and other tools in workflow process for efficiency.
- Knowledge in social platform best practices and experience developing and publishing content for LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Bachelor’s degree in English, Communications, Journalism, or related field
- 1-3 years in a copywriting position
- Experience in the financial industry a plus but not required.
- Exceptional written, communication, project management, and organizational skills
- Capable of working in a fast-paced environment
- Knowledge of SEO basics
- Microsoft Office proficient
- Impeccable attention to detail
- Knowledge of the AP Style guide a plus
- A portfolio of published content
Ability to travel as needed to conduct in-person meetings with the field and full-team meetings.
Remote with the ability to come into the office if located near a current Mercer Advisors office with space.
Professional office environment, daytime hours, working inside, standing, and sitting, will be assigned to a workstation.
Mercer Advisors offers a competitive and robust benefit package to our employees. Our benefit programs are focused on meeting all of our employees and their eligible dependents health and welfare needs. We offer the following:
- Company Paid Basic Life & AD&D Insurance
- Company Paid Short-Term and Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Supplemental Life & AD&D; Short-Term Disability; Accident; Critical Illness; and Hospital Indemnity Insurance
- Three medical plans offerings including two High Deductible Health Plans and a Traditional Co-Pay medical plan.
- Health Savings Account (HSA) with company contributions on a per pay period basis if enrolled in either HDHP medical plan.
- Two comprehensive Dental Plans
- Vision Insurance Plan
- Dependent Care Savings Account for child and dependent care.
- 14 Company Paid Holidays with a full week off at Thanksgiving.
- Generous paid time off program for vacation and sick days
- Employee Assistance Plan
- Family Medical Leave
- Paid Parental Leave (6 weeks)
- Maternity benefits utilizing company paid STD, any supplemental STD, plus Parental Leave (6 weeks) to provide time for recovery, baby bonding, and enjoying your family time.
- Adoption Assistance Reimbursement Program
- Company Paid Concierge Services for you and your loved ones for the spectrum of caring needs for your aging parents, young children, life’s challenges and more.
- 401(k) Retirement Plan with both Traditional and Roth plans with per pay period match
- Pet Insurance