Thought Leadership and Content Writer
Can you explain complex concepts to someone who doesn’t know IT from Cousin Itt? Do you love telling a good story—whether you’re ghostwriting or giving a presentation? ServiceNow’s Chief Innovation Office is looking for a talented writer to create diverse content about how technology is shaping the way we live.
You’ll get to:
- interview some very smart folks in order to translate complex information into engaging and effective stories;
- generate fresh story ideas that examine the current business and tech landscapes from various vantage points;
- develop compelling stories for executives to present in high-profile international events and customer meetings;
- write thought leadership pieces that readers actually want to finish;
- work with a dynamic team of designers to build decks, videos, and other creative assets;
- and influence the Chief Innovation Office’s ambitious content roadmap.
You are experienced in:
- creating a wide array of content, including articles, blog posts, presentations, and scripts;
- writing top-notch copy, snappy headlines, long-form pieces, and
- collaborating with stakeholders and practitioners of diverse disciplines;
- juggling multiple projects—and always delivering on time;
- and independently starting and pursuing storytelling projects.
Ideally, you have:
- roll-up-the-sleeves resourcefulness and motivation to get every project finished according to shifting workloads in a high growth, ever-changing environment;
- 3+ years of relevant work experience, especially in journalism, communications, B2B marketing, or IT;
- superb research, interviewing, editing, and visual storytelling skills;
- meticulous organization and collegial, collaborative spirit;
- interest in immersing yourself in environmental, social, and governance issues as they relate to technology;
- quick learning skills and willingness to get geeky at times with IT topics;
- a curiosity about how technology is shaping the future of humanity;
- a sixth sense of societal and business trends of the moment.
Previous tech experience is useful, but not required. The ability to quickly grasp new concepts, however, is a must. We are interested in what you can do, more than what you have done.
Please apply with a curated portfolio of three pieces of content, each in a different format (i.e. one blog post, one podcast episode, and one presentation).