Customer Success Engineer
About the job
We’re looking for a passionate engineer with customer-facing experience, who loves helping people, solving problems, and wants to be a major factor in the success of our customers. This position is for someone who is technical and experienced in web development, but also wants to stay close to customers at a fast-moving startup.
Daily, you’re likely to interact with multiple languages, web frameworks, APIs, data warehouses, SQL queries, and more. One customer might be combining web data with iOS data, while another sends point of sale purchases through a Go backend to multiple analytics tools and a data warehouse.
Every problem is unique, and on a normal day, you might interact with dozens of languages, analytics and marketing tools, and third-party APIs. The main responsibility of a Customer Success Engineer is to provide answers, share standard methodologies, and solve technical issues that Segment customers are facing.
Most customer interactions happen within Zendesk, with a few phone calls, in-person meetings, and Slack chats sprinkled in. Customer Success Engineers also spend time improving documentation, building scalable resources, and finding ways to more effectively, and when possible, proactively resolve customer questions.
You’d be joining a team of hard-working individuals that care deeply about Segment’s customers, partners, each other, and the broader community. We judge ourselves on how well we serve each of those customers. So if you enjoy working with smart people and helping to build a company that cares about quality, you’ve found the right place.
In this role, you’ll:
- Help customers utilize Segment’s API across many platforms (web, mobile, server)
- Increase the value generated from the many destinations Segment supports
- Maintain customer promises by keeping tickets updated
- Use feedback to improve customer experience and debugging strategies
- Improve team efficiency by creating internal content and improving public documentation
- Take our support tooling and analysis to the next level by building simulators and visualizations
- Work closely with the product team and partners to improve customer satisfaction
- Become a guide on the codebase and functionality of the Segment platform, libraries, and integrations. And help improve it!
- Participate in an on-call rotation to support our Enterprise level customers with paid support plans
Not all applicants will have skills that match a job description exactly. Twilio values diverse experiences in other industries, and we encourage everyone who meets the required qualifications to apply. While having “desired” qualifications make for a strong candidate, we encourage applicants with alternative experiences to also apply.
If your career is just starting or hasn’t followed a traditional path, don’t let that stop you from considering Twilio. We are always looking for people who will bring something new to the table!
- Experience working with sophisticated clients on a technical product, bonus points if it was enterprise software in a related industry
- Ability to effectively communicate technical concepts and identify patterns in customer experience
- A basic understanding of SQL, query-writing skills is a big asset
- Strong commitment to learning the ins and outs of a complicated technical product
- Ability to take part in an on-call rotation, requiring some availability outside of standard business hours