Customer Support Specialist
What’s the role?
The Customer Support Specialist Role is the front-line face of our highly regarded customer service team. This person will work with a dedicated team in a passionate and collaborative environment interacting with both business and technical team members, as well as our customers.
Your prioritization, attention to detail, communication and problem-solving skills will contribute to the successful operation of leading entrepreneurial schools in the non-traditional education sector.
We are looking for the type of person that thrives under pressure to resourcefully deliver solutions that delight our customers. This person will bring a combination of methodical problem solving and creative thinking to address issues that come from a wide variety of product areas, business drivers and levels of experience.
In this role, you will be given an opportunity to be a major contributor to the trusted partnership we have with our customers, with a direct impact on our high levels of customer satisfaction, “reference ability” and retention. Come join us at Modern Campus, where your opinion matters, your experience is valued and interesting work is part of the job!
- Customer Communication: Front line representative of the customer service team and the company, using clear and professional communication to convey the status and nature of the issue, including suggested workarounds.
- Issue Acknowledgement: Track and respond to inbound communication of support issues from customer email, ticket system entry or phone as well as any issues identified by our automated monitoring
- Severity Assessment: Ensure required information is taken in regarding the ticket and use that information to prioritize the ticket, attempt to resolve, or route to appropriate owner
- Identification: Leverage documentation, customer questions, related issues, SQL Queries, application logs and sandbox environments to reproduce, troubleshoot and understand the issue. Gather details and document issues appropriately with attention to detail and clear communication.
- SLA Adherence: Uphold our customer commitments as part of a metrics-driven team with clear goals that contribute to high levels of customer satisfaction
- Subject Matter Expertise: Develop knowledge of the product, modules, industry to become a resource to customers, other team members and other teams
- Customer Advocacy: gain unique insight into the needs and issues facing customers as part of an important feedback loop, ensuring high quality deliverables.
What you offer…
- 1+ years of experience in a customer facing technical/software support role preferably at a SaaS and or enterprise software company
- Clear, professional quality written and verbal communication
- Strong critical thinking and problem solving skills
- Working knowledge of database concepts and the ability to generate troubleshooting SQL queries
- Pragmatic prioritization and time management
- Composure during high-pressure escalations
- Motivated, hardworking and flexible
- Able to work effectively with minimal supervision in a close team environment
- Quick learner who enjoys a challenge
- While the following are not required, candidates should highlight any experience they have with:
- Exposure to Java
- Working knowledge of accounting/finance concepts
- Familiarity with Crystal Reports (or similar software)
- Experience supporting cloud hosted software
- Experience with XML or JSON based web services
- Education industry experience
What we offer…
- The base salary range* for this full-time position is between $50,000 – $60,000
- Remote first workplace – whether working from one of our offices or remotely, our employees get things done!
- Rewards and recognition programs
- Learning and development opportunities
- You will make a difference every day for universities trying to grow and students trying to learn.