Invitae is dedicated to bringing comprehensive genetic information into mainstream medicine to improve healthcare for billions of people! Our team is driven to make a difference for the patients we serve. We are leading the transformation of the genetics industry, by making clinical-grade genetic information affordable and accessible to guide health decisions across all stages of life.
Assay Content Platform is a team of bioinformaticians and software engineers tasked with creating and maintaining tools to accelerate assay development. We are looking for a skilled Data Engineer to own our data integration across Invitae’s other systems as well as help develop our software solutions.
What you’ll do:
- Work closely with other developers to continually build and refine our software platform
- Collaborate with other data engineers and stakeholders to codify data handling best practices within the team
- Share your data engineering expertise with other engineers on the team to develop the right solutions
What you bring:
- BS in engineering and 2+ years of experience (or equivalent)
- Python library building and scripting best practices
- Hands on experience with databases (MySQL, PostgreSQL, NoSQL, etc.) including tuning and query optimization
- Python implementation of database interactions, such as Django or SQLAlchemy
- Experience using industry standard technology stacks like Snowflake
- Proven experience with full stack architecture and distributed systems
Please apply even if you don’t meet all of the “What you bring” requirements noted. It’s rare that someone checks every single item, it’s ok, we encourage you to apply anyways.