Distinguished Architect, Global Cloud Operations (SRE / DevOps)
Who is the Distinguished Architect for Global Cloud Operations?
The Distinguished Architect, Global Cloud Operations is a highly visible and critical technical leader with the responsibility of defining the operational strategies that ServiceNow employs in order to provide high levels of services to our customers. You will be a key contributor defining and establishing an Operational standards portfolio. You will engage across the business with Architects and Engineering teams to ensure the standards defined are implemented and maintained across ServiceNow’s existing and future Portfolio.
We need technical leaders with experience designing large scale operational frameworks and are well-versed in productization strategies in scaling architectures for ServiceNow’s planet-scale challenges.
What do you get to do in this role?
- Provide strategic architecture leadership by building Global Cloud Operations (GCO) architectural standards for Observability, Monitoring, Supportability, Process, tools and Automations.
- Lead the review of proposed new functionality, tools and services for architectural consistency and adherence to GCO Architectural Standards.
- Provide senior operational and technical leadership at appropriate architectural meetings and boards to ensure operational requirements are met and form part of design and architectural designs across the business. This is a role that requires rigor in principles of high-quality operational service design with the real-world experience to navigate practical implementation tradeoffs.
- Provide oversight of operational implementation teams (Guilds, OST teams etc) to ensure appropriate architectural standards are implemented during build phases. Ensure feedback from those teams are incorporated into future standards.
What should you know to be successful?
Expert-level experience and qualifications to be successful in this role include:
- 15+ years of experience leading and architecting large-scale, commercial applications and platforms, managing commercial technology portfolios, and hands-on experience in architecture and engineering.
- Experience defining and optimizing technology process design with an extreme focus on productization and building scalable and highly available operational environments.
- Deep experience in the creation and ongoing improvement of operational standards, ability to drive future reuse, and logical consistency of the customer experience.
- 15+ years of experience in commercial software engineering, distributed systems architecture, infrastructure, HW platforms, databases, web, and application servers
- Experience building strong cross functional relationships that foster deep engagements
- Ability to represent and promote complex business or technical concepts both internally and externally.
- Bachelor’s/Master’s degree in Computer Science, related technical field, or equivalent practical experience.