IT DevOps Engineer
About the role
As a DevOps engineer, you will join a team of highly motivated DevOps and software engineers to develop tools as well as deliver cloud-scale infrastructure capacity for HashiCorp customers. Successful candidates will possess DevOps skills, software development, and project management delivery experience.
You will be a salient part of the team that solves infrastructure deployment issues with the software that delivers the high velocity and high-quality infrastructure in private as well as public data centers.
In this role, you can expect to
- Identity/solve Infrastructure related problems with code & master building, running, and maintaining enterprise IT infrastructure in a fast-paced environment.
- You will be working with and taking technical direction from senior engineers while executing critical projects in design, development, and post-release support of the tools used by various internal teams at HashiCorp.
- You are a part of the team which owns the development and operations of HashiCorp Enterprise IT Infrastructure. You will be interacting with a highly innovative and creative team of infrastructure engineers, architects, & leaders across the organization.
- You will participate in automation efforts using Bash/Python/Go/APIs to eliminate manual work in building infrastructure, performing releases, and other operational work.
- You will utilize HashiCorp Cloud Platform and Terraform Cloud to monitor applications/infrastructure as well as implement self-healing mechanisms to auto-recover from outages.
- You will get a chance to improve your communication and collaboration skills working with various other Infrastructure/Security teams across HashiCorp.
You may be a good fit for our team if you have
- 2+ years experience working in an IT DevOps role (or similar) with a strong understanding and practical experience with automation, virtualization, and cloud engineering.
- Applied knowledge of HashiCorp product line with experience problem-solving or streamlining solutions with Terraform, Consul, or Vault at Enterprise Scale.
- Experience with Enterprise Productivity Infrastructure (Slack, Google Workspace, FreshService) with a mindset of automation and self-service.
- Coding/scripting and debugging experience for building/integrating systems & solutions (Bash, Python, Go, etc.)
- Public cloud engineering on GCP, AWS, or Azure platforms. Cloud provisioning, infrastructure, and migration at cloud scale.
- Hands-on experience with Linux Systems Administration/Management, Servers, and Cloud architecture; ability to troubleshoot systematic Linux platform issues.
- Understanding fundamental network technologies like DNS, Load Balancing, SSL, TCP/IP, SQL, HTTP, Switches & Routers.
- Experience contributing to large infrastructure projects, working with senior engineers and involving multiple cross-organization stakeholders.
- Must be a continuous learner, critical thinker, and team player with excellent communication skills.
- Embrace a culture and work environment that promotes diversity/inclusion.