Lead DevOps Engineer
This role will have special focus on promoting the DevOps model to increase developer productivity through well-orchestrated automated services in various stages of continuous integration and continuous delivery. The DevOps Lead Engineer must have a deep understanding of various development tools and technologies.
This is a hands-on technical role with a high degree of collaboration to drive cultural change and raise the maturity levels of our Continuous Delivery practices. Own Continuous Delivery specifications, integrations, quality and monitoring of systems. Enable developers to ship high quality products and features with an end-to-end mindset from conception to delivery.
- Serve as key leader and expert on DevOps practices
- Implement and support Continuous Integration and Deployment Pipelines.
- Schedule, implement, and automate security compliance patching and updates on Development and QA servers.
- Ensure continuous availability of various tools supporting SCM & Release Management including Source Control, Continuous Integration, & Change Management.
- Engage with cross-functional co-located teams in design, development and implementation of enterprise scalable features related to enabling higher developer productivity, environment monitoring and self-healing, and facilitate delivery teams.
- Ensure compliance on all IT systems with relevant accreditations (e.g. ISO 27001, SOC II etc)
- Support, troubleshoot and analyze code on all layers of the stack related to infrastructure, middleware, and continuous integration and delivery frameworks.
- Production Release Implementation plan and Install Support
- Developer Efficiency Tools (Focusing on Freeing up Development staff to focus on deliverables)
- Integrating Code Quality tools and Code Analysis tools into IDE’s
- Implementing Automation to improve coding efficiency
- Integrations with SCM Tools
- CI/CD Onboarding
- Set clear goals and objectives to maintain and improve upon quality standards for your team and keep these under regular review with each team member
- Mentor junior members in the team
- Work collaboratively across team boundaries to share common capabilities
- A B.S. or an M.S. in Computer Science or related technical discipline is required
- 8-10+ years track record of relevant work experience
- Experience leading technical teams
- Should have hands on and good understanding on DevOps tools and automation framework
- Demonstrated hands-on experience with DevOps techniques building continuous integration solutions
- Must have experience in configuration management tool such as Terraform, Ansible, CloudFormation
- Experience with n-tier web application development and experience in J2EE / .Net based frameworks
- Hands on experience in at least one of the programming languages such as Python, Golang and Java
- Experience with Kubernetes and other container management solutions
- Must be proficient in one or more scripting languages: Unix Shell, Perl, Python
- Working experience in cloud computing, PaaS, IaaS, and related areas are highly desirable
- Knowledge and experience with Linux OS
- Should have working experience with monitoring tools like NewRelic, SPLUNK, or any other monitoring tools/processes
- Experience working in Agile environments
- Ability to handle multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Strong Automation and Problem solving skills and ability to follow through to completion
- Experience coaching junior members in the team
- Extensive experience in DevOps on AWS/Microsoft Azure platforms
- Demonstrable experience of working in a customer-facing role, able to explain complex technical concepts
- Experience of reporting KPI’s at board level
- Knowledge of, and familiarity with, ISO 27001 and other similar compliance standards