Do you have a background in corporate accounting or investing, and an annoyingly high level of attention to detail?
We’re looking for a finance editor with knowledge of bonds, leases, and other fascinating corporate accounting topics to join our editorial team. Knowledge of cryptocurrency, investing strategies, and/or personal finance would also be an asset.
The role is freelance to start, with the potential to scale up in hours and workload in the future.
Who you are:
- Maybe you’re an accountant looking for a side-gig, an ex-investment advisor who wants to get away from the grind, an accounting grad who loves the theory but hates the office, or a self-taught financial guru
- You read finance blogs for fun and are the person all your friends turn to for budgeting and investing advice.
- You’re enthusiastic about working remotely — from a co-working space, your home office, a cafe, or the beach. So long as you get the work done, we don’t care where you are when you do it.
- You have to be process-driven, though. Codeless is, and we need you to align with our client’s unique guidelines for content as well as our internal processes, which make the whole thing run smoothly.
- You have to have an eye for details and be excellent with the written word.
What you’ll be doing:
- Editorial review at Codeless is a combination of checklist and creativity.
- You’ll check the content against an optimization tool as well as read through it based on our existing editorial processes and client-specific checklists.
- If small adjustments need to be made to improve flow or fix something factually incorrect, you’ll make the change yourself.
- You’ll be providing valuable feedback to writers, both to improve them for the future and to ensure they understand what needs to be fixed (if necessary).
- You’ll be working with a team of 2 other associate editors as well as 2 senior editors to complete content to a high quality standard against a client-specific style guide.
We’ll pay you well based on your experience, and you’ll be working with some of the sharpest content marketing minds in the industry. You’ll be expected to learn quickly and ask questions once.
If that sounds like something you’re interested in, send us your resume, as well as a cover letter explaining why you’re right for the job.