Italian Contributing Writer
About the role
In the role of Italian Contributing Writer, you will report to the International Editorial Manager.
We are considering applicants for the location(s) of Permanent-Remote.
As a Contributing Writer for Crunchyroll News, you will champion our Italian feeds by writing articles and feature stories on the latest news, trends, and events in the anime industry for our Italian readers, publishing several articles a day that drive users towards engagement on the Crunchyroll News website. As part of your role, you have the opportunity to keep the anime community updated about current news regarding their favorite shows, studios, actors, artists, creators, and directors.
Core Areas of Responsibility
- Under the supervision and direction of the Italian Editor, the Contributing Writer will contribute 0-200 articles per month to Crunchyroll News in Italian. All assignments are subject to review by the Italian Editor and may require revisions by the Contributing Writer.
- News article word count guidelines are as follows: 250-300 words, with word count under or over this specified range subject to editor’s discretion.
- Feature article word count guidelines are as follows: 800-1,200 words, with word count under or over this specified range subject to editor’s discretion. Features may include quizzes, guides and other featured content.
- Contributing Writers will source stories directly from primary sources or from reputable outlets.
- Contributing Writers will take on stories assigned by the Italian Editor as needed and write breaking news articles based on the provided criteria above.
- All articles and content are subject to assignment and approval based on editor’s discretion.
We get excited about candidates, like you, because…
- You are fluent in both Italian and English and able to participate in meetings conducted in either.
- You have a strong understanding and interest in anime, particularly within the Italian market.
- You have 1-3 years experience in an editorial, journalism, news reporting, or digital publishing environment and have a professional portfolio.
- You have a degree in journalism or mass communication.
- You have a strong understanding of SPJ Code of Ethics and journalistic standards.
- You have experience working with global teams across diverse cultures, demands, and time zones.
About the Team
The Editorial Team at Crunchyroll runs an industry-leading online news outlet (CR News) that is the go-to source for all things anime. From breaking announcements to quizzes to in-depth interviews with the biggest names in anime, Crunchyroll News serves fans in eight languages and has since its founding in 2011 acquired over a billion reads from millions of anime fans worldwide.
About our Values
We want to be everything for someone rather than something for everyone and we do this by living and modeling our values in all that we do. We value
- Courage. We believe that when we overcome fear, we enable our best selves.
- Curiosity. We are curious, which is the gateway to empathy, inclusion, and understanding.
- Service. We serve our community with humility, enabling joy and belonging for others.
- Kaizen. We have a growth mindset committed to constant forward progress.