About the job
Twilio is seeking a Product Designer on our Video team. As a designer focusing on one of the fastest growing business units in Twilio, you’ll be designing for a high value channel that enables direct human connection through reliable connectivity anywhere in the world.
You’ll be working as an individual contributor, owning critical design projects end-to-end while collaborating with multidisciplinary teams to discover, define, and design lovable products for customers.
As a Designer on the Video team, you will live our Twilio Values, and be able to:
- Wear the Customer’s Shoes + Write it Down: Engage with our product partners to understand customer needs, design products and workflows to unlock their potential. Articulate the customer problem and success metrics, and gain alignment with stakeholders on your approach to testing, learning, and iterating on a solution.
- Be an Owner: Contribute to advancing the vision of Voice Intelligence by designing lovable solutions for our customers. Take personal accountability for achievement of goals and results.
- Ruthlessly Prioritize: Work closely with Product and Engineering teams, in an agile environment, to solve the most important customer problems effectively and efficiently.
- Don’t Settle + Empower Others: Collaborate with other Product Designers, providing constructive, and motivating feedback that helps improve their skills, and the outcome of their work. Coach junior designers across the Voice team and contribute to the success of the UX organization.
- No Shenanigans + Be Inclusive: Remain open, transparent, and inclusive while sharing work at various stages of the process, proactively inviting diverse (and potentially contrary) inputs in your design process, and remaining humble while asking for and providing useful and constructive feedback to peers of all levels.
Not all applicants will have skills that match a job description exactly. Twilio values diverse experiences in other industries, and we encourage everyone who meets the required qualifications to apply. While having “desired” qualifications make for a strong candidate, we encourage applicants with alternative experiences to also apply. If your career is just starting or hasn’t followed a traditional path, don’t let that stop you from considering Twilio. We are always looking for people who will bring something new to the table!
- Has a proven user-centered design workflow that comprises: research, design, prototyping, presentation, sharing and soliciting feedback, user testing, influencing key decision making, and collaborating with developers.
- Can share a portfolio with beautiful, usable, straightforward, and lovable designs that demonstrate technical product thinking and an understanding of user-centered design methodologies.
- Has a demonstrated advocacy for design and research methodologies, and is proficient in running quantitative and qualitative research, such as usability testing, analysis, interviews, and field studies.
- Holds a passion for feedback and the ability to provide useful and constructive feedback to peers of all levels.
- Has experience designing and evolving complex application software in a fast-past environment, an ideal candidate has experience working with API first products.
- Experience designing advanced data visualizations and/or dashboard tools is a plus.
- Has 4+ years of industry experience and a related degree or equivalent experience in UX, Design, HCI, Information Management, Psychology, or Anthropology.