Senior Backend Engineer
We believe that engineering complex, pluggable software for the web that is built to last the test of time is both tricky and exciting. Doing so requires a team of diverse individuals, with sharp minds and the ability to empathize with our users, working together with mutual respect and a common mission.
We care deeply about giving you full ownership of what you’re working on. Our company fundamentally believes great minds achieve greatness when they are set free and are surrounded and challenged by their peers, which is clearly visible throughout our organization. At Elastic, hierarchy does not determine how decisions get made. We feel that anyone needs to be in the position to comment on anything, regardless of their role within the company.
What You Will Be Doing:
- Innovate, lead and contribute to security event processing components to improve the security product in Elastic
- Create backend systems that perform data searches, streaming/reactive event processing
- Work on open-source and make free security technologies available to a lot of new users.
- Deliver product releases in collaboration with other development teams, quality engineering teams and documentation teams.
What You Bring Along:
- Experience with developing and maintaining software products with high quality and over multiple years
- Comfortable with creating and maintaining backend systems in Node.js.
- Experience with Typescript is a plus.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, a team player with strong analytical, problem solving, debugging, and troubleshooting skills.
- Ability to work in a distributed team throughout the world.
- Knowledge and experience with Elasticsearch or Kibana is a plus.