Senior Data Analyst
Who are we?
At Polly, we show up every day to realize a world where every voice is empowered to transform work. Our engagement app captures instant response on Slack, Teams, and Zoom, helping remote and hybrid teams make data-driven decisions instantly.
Who uses Polly?
We have over a million users to date and are relied upon by thousands of companies (including many Fortune 100). We are sought out by distributed, hybrid, and remote organizations who are obsessed with measuring experiences and empowering voices. We take that seriously.
Want to meet us?
We are ambitious, kind, and intentional in our work. Every second counts at an early stage startup; we look for teammates who can act with urgency, ask thoughtful questions, and quickly navigate the unknowns that come to light when building from scratch. We are a fully remote, distributed team located in various parts of the US, Canada, and Pakistan.
Who are you?
You are first and foremost, curious. You harness this curiosity and let it launch you into solving complex business problems. You love a good challenge and see breaking things as a necessity in order to build better. You’ve spent your time seeking out answers and aren’t afraid to ask hard questions. You enjoy partnering with the business to unlock everyone’s ability to see a story through the data you serve up.
In this role you will work closely with leadership, growth, and development teams at Polly to design and build KPIs, dashboards, evaluate business impact, and drive exploratory analysis to enable a data-driven culture across the company. You will help create self-serve reporting tools to support the entire team.
- Be an integral part of designing and developing a modern data stack that enables metrics, reports, and dashboards to support on-going self-serve, automated, and ad-hoc analyses
- Operationalize data processes: provide the team with ad-hoc analysis, automated dashboards, and self-serve reporting tools so that each team understands the state of the business
- Collaborate with founders, cross-functional stakeholders, and decision-makers to prioritize, design, and fulfill data analytics needs.
- Identify KPIs driving business growth and performance and work closely with the business teams to define them, and guide tracking efforts for ongoing measurement and reporting
- Collaborate with the team to tackle ambiguous analysis projects: ask questions, bring clarity at all stages to problems and priorities, and comfortably flex among tools to answer business questions
- Support Polly’s business intelligence tools: work alongside the development team to design, build, document, and maintain a single source of truth for data
- Optimize, update, audit, and troubleshoot operational data to support new and existing projects.
- Promote and drive a self-service data culture by building easy to use dashboards and teaching the business users how to use them.
- Deploy inclusive data quality checks to ensure the high quality of reports and dashboards.
- Communicate progress, risks, and completion of projects to stakeholders.
- Own the data pipelines and infrastructure while serving your internal customers. You are self-driven, motivated and have a bias for action while keeping in mind the desired outcomes for the business.
These things will help you be successful in this role:
- 4+ year’s experience in BI or Analytics teams, including experience at an early-stage startup where you’ve been tasked with supporting the analytics function and enabling self-serve capabilities using dashboards and reporting tools
- Excellent analytical skills including 3+ years hands-on experience writing, validating, optimizing, and testing with SQL.
- Experience working with systems such as datalakes, datamarts, or databases. Particularly Snowflake or AWS Redshift.
- Experience designing dashboards atop visualization tools such as Tableau, Power BI, Looker, and Metabase
- Experience with data pipeline and data management tools such as dbt, Stitch, or Fivetran
- You solve problems through the lens of analytical and logical thinking
- You are an expert with crafting functional and user-friendly dashboards
- You have solid functional knowledge of marketing, sales, and other core business metrics
- You are able to identify and prioritize multiple requirements and manage expectations accordingly
- You are collaborative and excited to add value to the entire data stack, from front-end to back-end as needed