Backend Software Engineer
About the job
Twilio is growing rapidly and seeking a Backend Software Engineer to be a key member of our Promotional Messaging team.
Our organization’s goal is to provide enterprise-wide visibility and control over customer communications with this team focusing on delivering promotional communications with the ability to track and report. A successful candidate will be a self-starter, embody a growth mindset, collaborate optimally, can mentor junior engineers, and operate highly resilient services.
In this role, you’ll:
- Work with a small and collaborative team, whiteboarding ideas, building APIs, products, and services.
- Help more junior developers by mentoring them, providing guidance, and positively influencing their careers.
- Perform thorough and thoughtful code reviews to help maintain a high standard of code quality
- Help resolve technical issues/blockers as a developer on the team
- Participate in an on-call rotation for our managed services
- Write unit tests and functional tests in a continuous delivery environment.
- Craft clear and concise documentation
- Be creative, take your own initiative and solve some of our most challenging problems
Not all applicants will have skills that match a job description exactly. Twilio values diverse experiences in other industries, and we encourage everyone who meets the required qualifications to apply. While having “desired” qualifications make for a strong candidate, we encourage applicants with alternative experiences to also apply.
If your career is just starting or hasn’t followed a traditional path, don’t let that stop you from considering Twilio. We are always looking for people who will bring something new to the table!
- 2+ years of experience developing highly-available cloud applications or distributed systems in Go, Java/Scala, or Python.
- Experience developing RESTful services.
- Experience developing products on AWS or Google Cloud Services.
- Strong expertise in solving complex production issues.
- Excellent problem solving, critical thinking, and communication skills.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or a related field is a minimum requirement.
- Experience developing and delivering software using containers/Kubernetes
- Experience with streaming systems such as Kafka, Flink, SQS.
- Ability to influence and build effective working relationships with all levels of the organization.
- Experience automating CI/CD pipelines.
- Expertise in configuration management for deploying, configuring, and handling servers and systems.