Senior Software Engineer
Invitae is dedicated to bringing comprehensive genetic information into mainstream medicine to improve healthcare for billions of people! Our team is driven to make a difference for the patients we serve. We are leading the transformation of the genetics industry, by making clinical-grade genetic information affordable and accessible to guide health decisions across all stages of life.
Assay Content Platform is a team of bioinformaticians and software engineers tasked with creating and maintaining tools to accelerate assay development. We are looking for a skilled Senior Software Engineer to lead the way in building the next generation of our platform tools.
What you’ll do:
- Write structured, tested, readable and maintainable code
- Participate in code reviews to ensure code quality and distribute knowledge
- Lead technical efforts for internal or external customer needs
- Support your teammates by continuing to learn and grow
What you bring:
- Bachelors in Engineering and 5+ years experience (or equivalent)
- Proven experience with full stack architecture and distributed systems.
- Python library building and scripting best practices
- Demonstrated ability with backend or frontend frameworks such as: Python/Django, TypeScript/React, Scala/Play or Kotlin/Spring Boot
- Foundation in understanding common industry standards
- Hands on experience with databases (MySQL, PostgreSQL, NoSQL, etc.) with tuning and query optimization
- Top notch interpersonal skills. Experience with distributed teams
Please apply even if you don’t meet all of the “What you bring” requirements noted. It’s rare that someone checks every single item, it’s ok, we encourage you to apply anyways.