Senior Software Engineer
First American is building a cutting edge team to grow our business through delighting our customers. If you crave customer satisfaction, are lit up by technology and live for transformation, this is the job for you!
Participates in the design, development, coding, testing, debugging, and maintenance of software code for business applications. Responsible for middle-tier implementation and integration with backend databases.
Works with technical staff to understand problems with software and develops specifications to resolve them. Participates in the development of software user manuals.
- Design, develop, and implement world-class, secure software and services
- Work with other senior leaders on the team to build the technical strategy & architecture for a broad area
- Ability to mentor other software developers to maintain architectural vision and software quality
- Work with Project Managers and Business Analysts to produce project delivery estimates and manage the transition from analysis through to design and delivery.
- Provide regular and effective progress updates to, and work closely with, project managers to ensure the management of any delivery risks or issues.
- Familiarity in Financial and Insurance industry is a plus
An ideal candidate will have a demonstrable understanding and/or hands-on experience with most of the following technologies:
- Experience with .NET Framework and .NET Core
- Experience developing cloud software services in AWS, including Lambdas
- Microservices Architecture and Cloud Native Design Patterns
- CI/CD pipelines in ADO or similar platform
- SQL Server Database stored procedures and queries
Knowledge and Skills:
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Proven project leadership abilities
- Expertise in designing programs, applications and systems
- Constantly updating technical knowledge and skills and mentoring others to increase the skill level of the department
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent combination of education and experience
Typical Range of Experience
- Typically 7+ years of directly related experience
- Experience working with distributed team is preferred
$87,945 – $135,300 annually