Social Media Manager
Sandy Hook Promise is seeking a creative, experienced, and results-driven social media enthusiast to join our growing team. The Social Media Manager will play a pivotal role in shaping our digital presence and executing our social media strategy to engage our audience, build meaningful connections, increase brand awareness, and drive growth.
This individual will work with cross-functional teams to produce content for all social media platforms and contribute to the strategic efforts of the digital team and marketing department.
The ideal candidate has a strong understanding of various social media platforms, trends, and performance metrics with outstanding writing, proofreading and fact-checking skills.
The role reports to the Director of Digital Marketing. A portfolio link must be included with the application.
- Conduct day-to-day social media activities, including content creation, monitoring, listening, engagement tactics, community management, and supporter and customer service.
- Manage social media accounts and publishing calendar, ensuring content aligns with our objectives and brand messaging of our organization, programs, and policy initiatives.
- Track and analyze key performance metrics and social data to measure success and inform future campaign planning and execution.
- Support live events and real-time crisis communications around gun violence, advocacy actions, developing news, and relevant issues.
- Collaborate with Marketing department, internal stakeholders, and agencies on multi-channel fundraising, call-to-action weeks, brand campaigns, and public service announcements for all social media needs.
- Monitor and report on sentiment, trends, best practices, the gun violence prevention space, new technologies and tools, and emerging platforms to stay ahead of the evolving social media landscape.
- Proactively seek opportunities for fundraising, partnerships, and influencer collaborations.
- 3-5+ years of professional experience in social media marketing and management, preferably familiar with social impact issues or crisis communications.
- Strong knowledge of social media platforms, tools, trends, and best practices.
- Exceptional attention to detail, especially for social copywriting, editing and brand governance.
- Demonstrate tact, decisiveness, and superior judgment required in the highly debated and divisive discussions around gun violence and prevention solutions.
- Open to a flexible schedule to manage content outside of normal business hours.
- Excellent communication and time management skills.
- Ability to take initiative, work independently, and manage multiple projects and deliverables.
- Experience with Sprout Social and fluency in Spanish a plus.
- Embraces and values diversity of all kinds, does not shy away from it, and is comfortable working cross-culturally and cross-community.
- A commitment to Sandy Hook Promise’s mission and values.
Benefits and Salary Range
The salaryrange for this position is $65,000-$75,000. (New hires are typically brought into the organization at a salary closer to the start/middle of the range depending on qualifications and internal equity.)
SHP offers a competitive benefits package, including:
- Unlimited PTO
- Paid holidays and 10 days sick leave
- Paid parental leave
- Health, dental, and vision
- Employer paid life insurance and short- and long-term disability
- 401k match
- Employer Paid Employee Assistance Program.