Software Engineer - Frontend
About the Role
You will help design, prototype, and implement core features while ensuring the scalability and stability of Boundary. Being a young project, Boundary’s development area is broad and deep.
We’re working to develop everything from a plugin system to allow seamless community contributions and extensions of Boundary’s core features, to the implementation of cryptographic sub-systems that will allow secure recording and playback of sessions taking place over many different types of network protocols.
The Boundary frontend engineering team specializes in the user interfaces, of which there are two: the Boundary administrative console and the Boundary desktop client.
Our frontend team has a demonstrated track record of cross functional collaboration with design, backend, and product development, and we’re looking for candidates who are just as comfortable prototyping features as they are working across teams to establish design and product goals.
In this role, you can expect to:
- Guide the technical approach and architecture of Boundary’s UI’s
- Develop, advocate for, and support new and existing features for the Boundary product
- Contribute in our growing open source community
- Provide code review, mentorship, and support to HashiCorp employees, community members, and partners
- Work on issues and improvements critical to the success of HashiCorp customers and the broader community
You may be a good fit for our team if some of the following apply:
- You’re excited about modern ES features.
- Experience with Ember.js and/or Electron is a plus.
- Generous comments help you and others understand your code.
- You have a working understanding of privileged access management and tools such as SSH.
- You have experience working with large JS repositories.
- You have experience with customer support, open source software, or have interacted with one of HashiCorp’s open source communities.
- You have experience operating and maintaining production UIs in a public cloud environment.
- You are familiar with infrastructure management concepts.
- You have experience using Vault or Boundary.
We’re growing and building a diverse team of engineers in all levels. If this sounds like a role that is interesting please reach out!
In your cover letter, please describe why you’re interested in working at HashiCorp, and on the Boundary team in particular. Specifics of your past experience that are relevant to this role are great to include too.