(2D) Lead Artist
In this role, you will use your knowledge as an experienced animator and illustrator to manage and mentor a small team of talented 2D-centered animators/artists, as well as contributing to games yourself.
Portfolio should include 2D character animations used on a commercial level, showcasing your knowledge of the laws and principles of animation. We will also require examples of your 2D portfolio that showcase heavy use of vector graphics (Adobe Illustrator).
What Will You Be Doing?
- Create high quality assets aligned with product specifications and ensures timely delivery.
- Proactively create content, including graphic design layouts, logos, animations, typography, concepting, 2D art and animation, and character development.
- Coordinate and collaborate with cross-functional teams in building graphics and designs.
- Participate in the development process and work to gain an understanding of creative decision making, user psychology, and product design challenges.
- Assist in mitigating technical risk and may resolve issues that occur during the development process.
Skills, Knowledge, & Expertise Needed for the Job:
- 3-5 years’ experience leading/managing a small team of animators.
- 5+ years of experience in 2D illustration/graphic design.
- Knowledge or experience with casino game design or video game creation a plus!
- Knowledge of Spine or similar 2D character specific animation programs.