At Anitian we believe security can be a force for good. As such, we are on a mission to make security and compliance easy for all. We harness the power and scale of the cloud to empower developers with automated, accelerated, autonomous, and accommodating security technologies.
Anitian is a place where smart people get to be smart. When you join our team, you will enjoy a workplace of creative problem solvers who cherish intelligence, compassion, and boldness. You will also enjoy the immediate respect of industry peers, as Anitian is recognized as a thought leader in information security.
Reporting directly to the Director of Finance, as the Senior Accountant you will ensure that the company’s general accounting activities are completed accurately and on time. You will be responsible for preparing and reviewing journal entries, reconciliation of balance sheet accounts and supporting the monthly and annual closing process.
You will also be responsible for directing the revenue transactions of the company which makes this role a key member of the business operations and accounting teams. This role will manage approvals and cost/margin/revenue control at a deal level to ensure that deals are accurately and timely transacted through the quote-to-collect process.
- Analysis of contracts to recognize revenue and invoice in accordance with customer contracts
- Timely contract recording of deals closed into Sage Intacct accounting system
- Reconciliation of revenue, deferred revenue, deferred assets, deferred revenue waterfall and accounts receivable
- Resolve collection and discrepancy issues with customers
- Prepare and analyze allowance for doubtful accounts
- Support month-end close process, including maintaining the general ledger and sub-ledgers, review and prepare journal entries, balance sheet reconciliations and analyze account variances
- Prepare monthly general ledger reconciliation schedules by reviewing the general ledger activity and obtaining a full understanding of the account activity to support the month-end reported balances
- Assist in the preparation of draft financial statements and internal management reports
- Assess internal controls, accounting policies and procedures and recommend improvements
- Interface with external auditors
- Interface with sales, customer success, sales operations, legal and other outside finance and accounting teams
- Ad hoc projects, reporting and analysis as needed
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Strong knowledge of GAAP accounting and revenue recognition.
- Strong background in SaaS preferred.
- Advanced knowledge of and experience working with ERP systems. Sage Intacct experience preferred.
- Firm understanding of general ledger functions and maintenance of balance sheet schedules.
- Excellent customer service and demonstrate a customer-first attitude at all times
- Communicates, if not over-communicates, effectively and effortlessly with internal and external stakeholders
- Exceptional interpersonal and decision-making skills
- Understands deadlines and goals and can operate with a sense of urgency without sacrificing quality
- Exhibits a high level of personal accountability, strong work ethic, integrity, and proven organizational skills with attention to detail
- Loves working in a super collaborative, high-tech, fast-paced environment and doesn’t mind getting their hands dirty – working shoulder to shoulder across teams to help the Company’s growth trajectory
- Technology driven with savvy technical skills
- Proficient with Microsoft applications (Outlook, Word, Excel, Teams, etc)
- Collaborative facilitator who develops relationships and loyalty with his/her colleagues at all levels of the company
- Experience interacting with customers & sales.
- Self-motivated and driven.
Education, Certifications and Training
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance or Business Related
- Minimum of 4+ years of experience in an accounting role with progressive responsibility is required.
- Knowledge of ASC606 (revenue recognition)
- Sage Intacct experience a plus