Azure Cloud Engineer
The Cloud Engineer will be a critical member of Everi’s Application & Infrastructure engineering team and will report directly to the Lead of Cloud Engineering. This is a multi-faceted position that will have a significant impact on the company’s technology and growth.
You will have a direct impact on the efficiency of our cloud operations. Sound interesting?
Can you answer “yes” to the following?
- Do you have excellent problem-solving abilities and critical thinking skills, fueled by a very high level of intelligence that enables you to anticipate challenges, weigh the advantages and disadvantages of different solutions, and maintain focus on the goal?
- Are you a self-motivated learner with a strong work ethic, who knows that one of the most valuable skills one can possess is knowing how to teach oneself, and others new things?
- Do you like a fun working environment, smart conversations, and comradery?
What Will You Be Doing?
- Deep knowledge of Microsoft Azure technologies and service catalog including Microsoft 365, Azure AD, SQL as a Service, and other Microsoft PaaS technologies.
- Manage the monthly spending and reporting of multiple Azure subscriptions focusing on optimizing costs.
- Provide governance recommendations for the overall cloud footprint including the oversight of multiple cloud environments.
- Perform daily/weekly/monthly cost analysis to ensure cloud resources are appropriately provisioned.
- Collaboration with software development and technical operations personnel.
- Accountable for monitoring, auditing, and reporting on service usage, escalating issues, and providing reporting for leadership review
- racking the financial performance of cloud initiatives
- Define KPIs, measure progress, promote levers and drive improvements
- Accountable for the decisions proposed and a thought leader in the implementation
- Ensure financial transparency to business units and drive cost optimization efforts for cloud utilization
- Work Pacific US time zone hours – this is to maintain scheduling with HQ.
- Be available for any immediate response to Server issues
- Be part of an “On-Call” rotation of support.
Skills, Knowledge, & Expertise Needed for the Job:
- 4+ years’ work experience managing and supporting a multi-subscription Azure environment.
- Strong familiarity with web related technologies (Web applications, Web Services, Service Oriented Architectures) and of network/web/security related protocols
- Strong problem-solving skills and ability to work under pressure.
- Strong communication skills and ability to work collaboratively with business and technology stakeholders
- Strong familiarity with financial/gaming governance of cloud resources. Optimization of workloads and costs across the environment.
- Strong familiarity Working with agile/ADO development teams, methodologies, and toolsets.
- Experience building and maintaining cloud native applications in Azure is helpful.
- Microsoft Azure IaaS Monitoring and Management, manage and monitor IaaS deployments
- Log Analytics and Log Search to “drill down” into the most important data in your IaaS systems
- Good architecture and dev-ops process understanding in software development, operations, and site reliability engineering is a plus.
- Work on Microsoft Azure Networking
- Design virtual networks to support workloads with the highest security and performance.
- Deploying Azure VMs (Windows Server and Linux) in a highly available environment
- Have exposure to cloud native systems or applications at scale.
- Have compliance background
- Automating Deployment and Scale of Azure IaaS Solution script, automate, and scale Azure deployments.
- Have experience with source control and continuous integration tools Git/GitHub/ADO.
- Have experience with Application gateway / AGIC
- Have AKS experience
- Have experience with python / bash / yaml is a bonus.