Endpoint Security - Endpoint Engineer - macOS
About the Team:
The Endpoint team is looking for an experienced engineer to join us in writing low-level code to detect and prevent sophisticated security threats across Windows, macOS, and Linux.
You will be working with former intelligence community and seasoned security industry engineers with extensive security expertise. If you’re an experienced macOS, and/or Linux system-level engineer, join our Endpoint development team and help prevent the world’s data from attackers! A background in security software is a plus, but not required.
- C/C++, Python, x86/x64 assembly
- MacOS, and/or Linux kernel development and user space, system level APIs
- MacOS System Extension framework experience
- git, Jenkins
- Design and develop robust kernel and/or system-level code that collects data to stop attackers, with a focus on maintaining minimal impact on system performance.
- Write, code review, and unit test cross-platform code in a multi-threaded application.
- Partner with other teams at Elastic to rapidly integrate new features end-to-end.
- Communicate and document new features with team members and quality assurance engineers.
- Participate in agile planning and scope estimation.
Skills and Requirements:
- Live, breathe, and eat operating system kernels and system level APIs
- 10+ years software engineering experience in C/C++ and Python
- Experience debugging with lldb, gdb, WinDbg, OllyDbg, or Immunity Debugger
- Networking socket programming and protocol analysis
- Cross platform, system level development