Front End Software Engineer
About Our Engineering Team:
Our Engineering team’s mission is to promote a data-driven decision-making culture to solve homelessness. We do this by combining a team of experts in development, analytics, database infrastructure, and integration with social services experience.
From Feature Releases into Clarity Human Services, to development project initiatives, to system infrastructure and QA engineering, we play an integral role in the ongoing stability and enhancement of Clarity Human Services.
- Contribute to the ideation and development the over-all UI/UX vision for the ClairtyHS system
- Foster relationships, liaising with all engineering teams to develop new features in Clarity Human Services, improve current functionality, and expand system capabilities.
- Translate business requirements into ClarityHS solutions, while maintaining a customer focused, security/compliance first approach
- Clearly communicate and document solutions, including visually through technical diagrams.
As a Front End Software Engineer, You Will:
- Maintain and Build upon the ClarityHS application, utilizing web development best practices
- Work with back-end developers to integrate UI/UX components with APIs (REST, GraphQL) and databases
- Gather and refine specifications and requirements based on technical requirements or UI/UX design
- Debug errors, troubleshoot issues, and perform routine performance optimizations
- Write high-quality, scalable, and reusable code
- Stay plugged into emerging technologies and industry trends
You Will Love This Position If:
- You have the ability to think outside of the box and formulate solutions that continually push technical boundaries and improve system capabilities.
- Have a willingness and drive to problem solve, analyze, and continually learn.
- You are self-motivated, innovative, and enjoy seeing the results of your hard work.
Required Experience That Drives Success In This Role:
- Proficiency with HTML5, including custom HTML5 elements/Web Components
- Familiarity with CSS preprocessors such as Sass, Less, or Stylus
- Experience with build tools such as Grunt, Gulp, or Webpack
- Basic proficiency with image editing and web design
- Experience with cross-browser compatibility testing
What Makes You Stand Out:
- Experience with multi-project Angular architecture
- Experience working in a completely remote company.
- In depth knowledge of HUD and federal partner funding policies and data standards.
- Working knowledge of data sciences.
- Innovative approach to meeting development project requirements and deliverables.
- Basic working knowledge of back-end development languages… ex. PHP, Python, .Node
- Progressive Web Application knowledge