Frontend Software Engineer
Possible is a venture-backed consumer fintech that has radically reinvented small-dollar loans. We are working to lend in a more affordable and sustainable way to help people improve their financial health. Building on our success, Possible is adding two additional products in the pursuit of making financial services more fair and affordable.
Now in our 4th year, we are pleased to share we have seen serious growth, helped hundreds of thousands of customers, and have a stellar rating (100,000+ people give us an average of 4.8 stars at the app store). Our team has delivered and is making a difference.
About the Role
Help us launch or iterate on existing or new customer-focused financial products. Working on our mobile or web app, you will work to build new features, components and pages to support the customer experience. You will:
- Run AB tests and experiment on our customer base to drive new growth.
- Work closely with Designers to implement designs and user flows
- Work closely with product managers and product owners to define and shape products and features
- Work to foster and grow an introspective and continuously learning engineering culture.
Who you are
Skills and Qualifications
Computer Science degree or equivalent and 3+ years of professional development experiences with:
- JS / HTML / CSS (Essential)
- React JS / React Native highly desirable or a strong interest in learning
- Android and iOS native development a plus
- Agile development practices
- An understanding of or keen interest in the FinTech space is a plus
- Ready to learn new technologies, improve your skills, and advance your career!
We are a fast-growing, fully distributed, FinTech startup that believes financial health is something everyone deserves, not just the affluent. We’re committed to empowering the underserved with tools to better their economic situation. We promise to be transparent, serve with kindness, be responsible, and hold ourselves accountable for crafting positive change. Possible is backed by leading investors such as Union Square Ventures, Canvas Ventures, and FJ Labs.
Possible is fully distributed and has team members across the US and in Asia and Latin America. Our primary coordination hours are 9a to 3p Pacific Time.
Benefits (for US-based employees):
Joining an early-stage, venture-backed company does not mean you will sacrifice benefits. We offer excellent medical, dental, and vision coverage and pay 85% of employee premiums and 50% of eligible dependent premiums. We also offer childcare and healthcare FSAs; life and disability (short- and long-term) insurance; an Employee Assistant Program; and a 401(k) plan.
Diverse, Equitable, & Inclusive Work Environment:
Possible Finance values inclusion and believes diversity at all levels is the best way for us to accomplish our mission. We aspire to be among the industry’s most inclusive work environments and are a proud equal opportunity employer. All aspects of employment including the decision to hire, promote, discipline, or discharge, will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs. We do not discriminate on the basis of any status protected under federal, state, or local law.