Front-End Software Engineer
About the Role
We’re building a welcoming & flexible team that prizes collaboration over competition, one which provides opportunities to learn new skills, mentor junior developers and contribute to the direction of both the team and the products we’re responsible for.
This is a high trust environment where we allow team members to manage their own time, take holidays as they need it and reward them with competitive salaries and equity.
Our stack is Ember.js, but if you’ve used frameworks like Angular, React or Vue then you’re the kind of person we’re looking for and we’ll help get you up to speed!
It includes everything you need to build rich UIs that work on any device.
CrowdStrike is a staunch supporter of the Ember.js community. Many of our engineers actively contribute to the development of the Ember.js framework and even attend/present at Ember conferences across the globe.
What You’ll Do
- Work as part of an Agile Scrum engineering team to implement user interface designs and functionality based upon clearly defined and agreed project requirements
- Take an active role in defining and refining project requirements. From concept to completion, our engineers are involved in every step
- Be empowered to own your workload and tasks. You set your own pace and tell us what can be delivered, not the other way round
- Write unit and integration tests to ensure our code is of the highest quality. We take the time to test our code against pre-defined acceptance criteria
- Engage with other engineers to review each other’s code. We encourage collaboration, communication and knowledge sharing
- Liaise with our Quality and Accessibility Analysts to fix issues and improve our code. We want you to take pride in the final product
- Help steer our development process through regular feedback and review sessions. We value your feedback and we want to create processes that enable you
What You’ll Need
- Strong skills in front-end development
- A desire to collaborate closely with users, designers, & testers to deliver quality software that solves problems
- Experience with testing frameworks, tools and methodologies such as Jtest, QUnit, Mocha & Selenium
- Comfortable with Agile Scrum and Kanban processes
Nice to have skills:
- Functional knowledge & interest in developing genuinely accessible interfaces
- HTML & CSS skills, with bonus points for experience with animation, knowledge of approaches to scalable/modular CSS, and preprocessors such as SCSS & LESS
- Familiarity with client-side build processes & tools – Grunt, Gulp, Ember CLI etc.
- Experience with graphics & visualisation tools such as D3 or ThreeJS
- Interest and experience with design & data visualisation
- Experience creating or contributing to open source projects