About the job
The features you deliver will be used by thousands of customers at scale, often as their business’ lifeline. Use cases range from contact centers to healthcare services, from warehouse staff to client advisors.
In this role, you’ll:
- Customers use the SDK on major desktop and mobile browsers – e.g. Chrome, Safari and Firefox
- Drive the design, development and shipping of significant new features with predictable velocity
- Work closely with a talented team of cross-functional engineers, designers and product managers.
- CI/CD pipeline
- Enhance automated tests
- Own Twilio’s customer’s developer experience
- Monitor and triage customer issues and Git repo issues
- Enhance Twilio Voice reference apps
Not all applicants will have skills that match a job description exactly. Twilio values diverse experiences in other industries, and we encourage everyone who meets the required qualifications to apply.
While having “desired” qualifications make for a strong candidate, we encourage applicants with alternative experiences to also apply. If your career is just starting or hasn’t followed a traditional path, don’t let that stop you from considering Twilio. We are always looking for people who will bring something new to the table!
- Extensive experience with Typescript
- Experience with MVC (Angular, Vue.js, React)
- Experience with backend JS server – e.g. Node.js, express
- 5+ years of software development experience
- Extensive experience with
- Code repositories, version control (Git preferable)
- REST APIs, WebSockets
- Experience with
- Building JS applications from scratch
- Modern JS ecosystem – e.g. Webpack, Babel, Browserify
- Building open source software
- Champion of automated build and test pipelines and test-driven development – e.g. Mocha, Karma, Jest
- Maintained high level of code coverage
- Strong written communication: proven track record of delivering customer facing documentation
- Knowledgable or interested in WebRTC or comparable media engine
- Experience with automated test tools – e.g. Selenium