Senior Frontend Developer
The Dyrt is the largest digital camping platform in the world. Every second, a new user visits The Dyrt to access our community-driven campground information.
If you love the outdoors and want to be part of a fast-growing consumer app, you’re in the right place.
As a senior engineer at The Dyrt, you will be tasked with building a robust, maintainable web experience for the 1M+ campers using our website every month. We are currently in the process of expanding our campground booking system by building inventory management tools for campground owners and integrating with third-party campground listing providers.
Our portfolio of campgrounds is set to increase significantly from this work, so this position is a good opportunity for engineers who want to grow their skills in site performance and scalability.
Our current frontend is built with Next.js. Work varies from building highly interactive tools, like our search page and Trip Planner, to focusing on static rendering and page performance on our campground listings.
In this position, we will be looking to you for experience, knowledge, and the confidence to make the case for what each situation merits in order to provide an ideal experience for our users.
You’ll be working on a team with 8 – 10 other front-end developers and collaborating closely with our API, Product, and Design teams.
This position will report to the Lead Frontend Developer.
We’re looking for people who:
- Are great communicators — Effective communication is key to how we work. We value patience and empathy in our product planning, support, and day-to-day relations.
- Work well both collaboratively and independently — We come together to pair on tricky problems and architecture, then dive deep on individual tasks.
- Are ready to learn and share knowledge — Everyone comes to our company with their own set of skills and experiences. Cross-training, code review, mentorship, and curiosity all help us build better products.
- Leading execution on new features and improvement projects
- Helping define the longer-term technical vision for scaling and maintaining our frontend codebase
- Translating comps and wireframes from our Design team into architecture and components
- Estimating complexity and dividing up tasks when new projects are brought to the team
- Responding to support requests and troubleshooting live bugs
Experience and Requirements:
- Care about writing easy to understand, maintainable code
- Have strong writing and communication skills for documenting project requirements and coordinating with other teams
- Provide constructive feedback on pull requests and are enthusiastic about mentoring junior developers on the team
- Can identify and resolve performance concerns and look for opportunities to reduce technical debt
- Can weigh multiple solutions for a problem against business needs and time constraints in order to meet company goals
- Experience with agile ticketing tools such as Jira or Shortcut.
- Experience with collaborative design tools such as Figma or Sketch
- Experience working with an API team, with focus on JSON API.
- A firm understanding of the use of Github and trunk-based development practices.
- Experience with Bitrise/Jenkins/Codefresh
- Experience with app publication in App Store Connect & Google Play Console