Lead Software Engineer - Mobile
The Crown Is Yours
DraftKings is growing at a rapid pace and we’re seeking a Senior Lead Android Engineer to guide our Android development teams and contribute significantly to our product roadmap. This isn’t just a technical role. You’ll be working with various teams, steering our business strategies, and ingeniously addressing all of our scaling issues.
What You’ll Do As A Lead Mobile Software Engineer
- Take ownership for the design, development, maintenance, testing strategy, and operations of Android apps written primarily in Kotlin within the Online Sportsbook Domain.
- Collaborate with business leads across the organization to define milestones and deliveries on very short time frames for new features to be added to existing systems.
- Be the primary technical voice for the engineering organization on the systems your team owns.
- Lead your team in design sessions and ensure your team delivers high-quality work that aligns with DraftKings’ engineering strategy.
- Have an opportunity to work on a complex problem on your own, and provide the POC (proof of concept) to the team.
What You’ll Bring:
- Ideally, you have experience as the ‘expert’ on a development team where you were responsible for planning, delivering, and managing key Android features.
- Solid understanding and experience with native Android development, including an understanding of Android SDK and Android Studio.
- Proficient in at least one programming language for Android development such as Java or Kotlin.
- You have an understanding of real time updates using web sockets or server side events.
- Familiarity with trunk-based development and use of feature flags for releasing quality features.
- You also have the ability to write automated comprehensive test suites at all levels of the architecture.
- Prior experience with other platform languages, such as Swift and Xamarin is a plus.
- Excellent troubleshooting skills, real-time decision-making, and responsiveness to problem-solving that prioritizes the customer experience first.