Middleware Product Engineer
The Product Engineer is responsible for leading a team of product analysts in developing, integrating, maintaining, and troubleshooting systems related to a variety of external products that integrate with OCHIN’s EHRs or other systems.
The Product Engineer also informs the product roadmap and enhancements, participates in the escalation process for product-related issues/JIRAs, and mentors product analysts and OCHIN Members.
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement
To keep our colleagues, members, and communities safe, OCHIN requires all employees—including remote employees, contractors, interns, and new hires—to be vaccinated with a COVID-19 vaccine, as supported by state and federal public health officials, as a condition of employment. All new hires are required to provide proof of full vaccination or receive approval for a medical or religious exemption before their hire date.
- Act as a Subject Matter Expert (SME) for assigned product(s). This includes, but isn’t limited to:
- Serving as a technical lead for the product team
- Mentoring and coaching analysts and other team members to assist in their skill development and growth of product knowledge.
- Guiding product analysts with technical expertise including build/configurations, troubleshooting, and resolution of issues and escalations
- Providing technical support and knowledge of product(s) and integration(s) to implementation teams, Members, and others o Planning for future enhancements with product roadmap
- Using metrics to monitor and measure success of the product(s)
- Escalating vendor issues, as needed
- Understand the business need for the assigned product(s) and having the capability to judge its success. This includes, but isn’t limited to:
- Identifying key performance metrics for product success
- Determining if the technology is working and speaking to whether problems are under the vendor’s, Member’s, or OCHIN ‘s control
- Determining if the product is meeting the business expectations set by the Member and OCHIN
- Determining if the product is being used optimally and if Members are following recommended workflows
- Review new functionality from vendor(s), including product upgrades and enhancements, and providing recommendations to OCHIN leadership.
- Update related collateral guidebooks and training processes in conjunction with the Implementation and Training teams and ensuring Business Development has current information.
- Provide elbow support, as needed, to Members and OCHIN staff during Go-Lives and Mock clinics.
- Embody excellent time management practices, meeting commitments on time
- Appropriately escalate barriers, risks, and issues in accordance with OCHIN’s Escalation Policy
- Act as a change agent to foster and support a culture of improvement throughout the organization
- Lead change by modeling behavior and influencing partners
- Collaborate with internal and/or external partners to ensure effective integration of programs and to foster organizational learning
- Actively pursue continuous learning and professional growth
- Other duties as assigned.
- Minimum of four (4) years of experience in similar or relevant role
- One (1) or more Epic certifications/proficiencies are preferred
- Experience in building integration between external systems/applications with Epic (Preferred)
- Experience with lab middleware
- Data innovations experience
- Work history in Healthcare IT is required
- Bachelor’s Degree (Healthcare Informatics or Computer Science, preferred) or a combination of college education and five or more (5+) years of relevant experience