Platform Software Engineer
Platform Engineers are responsible for the design, implementation, and management of the entire data pipeline. From API servers to databases, message queues to cloud infrastructure, and all the stream processing in between.
You will work to provide the backbone on which our cutting-edge features are built. The Platform team is a hybrid team of distributed systems engineers and site reliability engineers. For this role, we’re looking for someone with a background in either who’s willing to learn both.
What Our Technology Looks Like:
- Our services are all in Go.
- All communication between services are over gRPC and use etcd for discovery.
- The data pipeline is a collection of distributed services, processing billions of events per day, using a Lambda Architecture.
- We’ve built a unique data storage layer using cutting-edge graph and information retrieval technologies.
- We provide access to data through multiple APIs and systems.
- We’ve automated deployments via CI/CD to Kubernetes and Google Cloud Platform.
- Be responsible for the availability, latency, performance, efficiency, change management, monitoring, emergency response, and capacity planning of the Lytics platform
- Work with team members to design, document, and implement large-scale distributed streams and batch processing of petabytes of data using Go
- Provide tooling and infrastructure for other internal teams, including Engineering, Customer Success, and Sales
- Manage deployments in Kubernetes and Google Cloud Platform
- Interact with and monitor the activities of external third party information technology vendors.
- Join On-call rotation to ensure 24/7 availability of Lytics services
Should You Apply?
Well, yes! If you don’t think you meet all the recommended requirements, that’s okay! If you are excited about Lytics, Go, stream processing, distributed systems, data processing, machine learning, and/or marketing, we would love to chat; we may have an opportunity for you. Be sure to include a link to your GitHub or other accessible samples of your work.
- A learner, critical thinker and problem-solving individual
- 4+ years of experience working with cloud operations (any cloud is fine), distributed systems, or data processing
- General software engineering knowledge (data structures, OOP, functional programming, and the like)
- Experience with CI/CD in a SaaS environment
- Experience working with Terraform
- Experience with Elasticsearch, Cassandra, Bigtable or any other NoSQL databases
- Experience building data-intensive applications
- Experience working with Kubernetes and Docker
- Experience writing Go not required but a huge plus
- Experience with Google’s approach to Service Management
Why Work at Lytics?
You will be working in a company with tons of talent, that is in a rapidly growing space with plenty of opportunity. Since we are not a large company you will be able to learn everyone’s name, and knowledge transfers quickly across the entire company.
In addition, the Lytics team is professional, open with sharing ideas and leadership is more than ready to help provide guidance on making you successful.
At Lytics, we recruit and reward employees based on performance and capability, regardless of race, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, educational background, national origin, religion, or physical ability.
We are committed to taking care of our team, and along with providing a competitive salary and great benefits for employees and their families, we are dedicated to making sure there are a variety of methods for staff to grow their skills and further their careers.
Benefits include affordable health insurance, 401K Match, flexible PTO, stock options, paid parental leave, remote work connectivity benefits, life insurance and disability plans.