Principal Data Architect
Who you are:
- A highly competent and motivated individual with a proven track record of supporting data assets in the Cloud.
- You must be highly organized and detail-oriented, with strong analytical, problem solving, and prioritization skills.
- You have a service-oriented mentality with a high sense of ownership in a fast-paced startup environment.
- You have a focus on problem prevention, managing and resolving issues, performing changes on production systems, and proactively communicating issues internally is essential.
- Experience translating business requirements into action through detailed data design and development
- You display excellent verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills, as well as the ability to effectively present information and respond to questions in a large team or departmental setting.
- Demonstrate proficient use and knowledge of standards and procedures.
What You’ll Do:
- Lead the development of current and target state data eco-system architectures covering all aspects of data including data ingestion, data transformation, data analytics, data platform, data management and data security,
- Provide technical leadership and guidance to engineering teams for data architectures and design.
- Translate data needs to data architecture designs and create design diagrams with supporting documentation.
- Ensure recommended architectural designs and patterns are adhered to as part of delivery.
- Provide design deliverables which can be estimated by the appropriate implementation teams.
- Create and own design patterns (logical and physical), best practices and policies.
- Support the administration of SQL Server (including SQL Server DW/Synapse), NoSQL (Cosmos DB) databases and other Azure Cloud based data assets.
- Provide reliable solutions to a variety of problems using sound problem solving techniques including performing root cause analysis and identification of corrective action for given problems.
- Design logical and physical data models and flowcharts for both relational and dimensional solutions.
- Experience with modeling tools like PowerDesigner, Lucidchart, ERWIn or similar tools.
- Develop and maintain ELT/ ETL processes that import and export data from various sources in a variety of formats.
- Identifies interdependencies in system and application components.
- Work directly with consultants and technicians from vendor companies.
What You Need to Succeed:
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, related engineering discipline or five (5) years of related experience
- Must have demonstrated proficiency in how cloud service offerings support data solutions
- Knowledge of Azure and/or AWS tools with relevant certifications would be big plus.
- Knowledge of various data architecture patterns including OLTP, data warehousing, data lake and distributed data systems
- Knowledge of data governance, data quality and data security
- Experience writing SQL queries, Stored Procedures, Triggers, Functions, creating Tables, Views and Indexes
- Excellent analytical and communication skills (written, verbal, listening), work ethics and ability to work in a team environment with strong determination and commitment to the deliverables.