Senior Backend Software Engineer - Cloud
About the Role
We are looking to hire a cloud engineer, part of our platform team, that will be focused on helping develop core orchestration and workflow capabilities that will be used by our customers and internal product groups to expedite application development.
Your passion and meticulous attention to performance, reliability and scalability will be key ingredients to your success here at CrowdStrike.
The team has one of the most critical roles to play in ensuring our products are best-in-class in the industry. You will interact with product managers and other engineers in building both internal and external facing services.
What You’ll Do
- Help define, build, and maintain an orchestration layer of platform that will be used by our customers and internal developers
- Work with industry-leading technologies like Apache Kafka, Cassandra, Elasticsearch and more
- Work on cross-team platform-level initiatives and projects
- Troubleshoot critical production issues
What You’ll Need
- BS degree in Computer Science or related field or equivalent work experience
- 5+ years of relevant work experience
- Experience with workflow engines or SOAR products used at scale
- Hands on experience in large-scale (distributed) system architecture, high scalability and availability, and optimization
- Experience in building streaming platforms at scale (Note: We process over 1 Trillion events per week)
- Experience with commercial clouds (AWS, Azure, GCP)
Nice to have skills:
- Familiarity with Docker-based development and orchestration
- Contributed to the open source community (GitHub, Stack Overflow, blogging)
- Prior experience with NoSQL and Relational DBs
- Golang experience
- Prior experience in the cybersecurity or intelligence fields