Senior DevOps Engineer
As a Sr. DevOps Engineer on our Platform Team, you’ll help shape the future of Life Science’s big data analytics platform by designing, deploying, testing, automating, and evaluating our Development Platform Infrastructure. You will create and collaborate on automation to analyze, maintain, and evolve our complex infrastructure while working across multiple teams on training and adoption of processes and tools. As part of the Platform Team, you’ll keep abreast of the latest technologies and work collaboratively with experts in a variety of knowledge areas to develop and maintain a robust, reliable, high-performance foundation for some of the largest healthcare organizations in the country to access our world-class software.
- Bachelor Degree in Computer Science or Information Technology.
- 3+ years of experience creating or implementing complex DevOps solutions
- In depth knowledge of cloud services, infrastructures and architectures
- Experience working within healthcare and HIPAA compliant systems
- Previous technical leadership
- Release / deployment management.
- Ability to drive cross-functional execution
- Detailed oriented.
What you bring to this role:
- Experience in building a solid CI/CD pipeline for code builds, automation, and deployment to multiple platforms
- Experience with agile software development, modern DevOps practices and short release cycles.
- Outstanding attention to detail and communication skills.
- Passion for learning and working with others to improve yourself, the team, the product, the company.
- Ability to work in a distributed and fast pace environment.
- Knowledge of Agile/Lean/DevOps methodologies and strategies.
- Experience identifying gaps in current tooling, recommending methods to close those gaps, and conducting vendor evaluations.
- Experience administrating source, and/or CI/CD tools (GitHub, Jenkins, Azure Pipelines).
- Knowledge of administrating code versioning / code merge tools. Knowledge of standard branching/merging practices in distributed version control tools.
- Scripting experience (python, ruby, bash, shell, etc).
- Knowledge of cloud computing / SaaS / IaaS / PaaS technologies (Azure, AWS).
- Adaptability: ability to quickly change direction based on feedback in a fast-paced environment.
- Creative problem solving.
- Interpersonal skills to communicate the benefits of automated operations processes to both development and operations teams
- Bachelor’s degree and 3 years’ experience in systems engineering or administration OR 3 years’ experience in systems engineering or administration
What you will accomplish
- Design and automate Azure infrastructure and application deployment.
- Evolve our infrastructure pipelines to enable product teams to create and manage their own cloud resources and application workflows.
- Contribute to Security Automation through the development of compliance and audit tests, integrated into the CI/CD.
- Collaborate on standardizing of a DevOps toolchain.
- Design and implement CI/CD pipeline for container-based and serverless applications.
- Debug production infrastructure issues and develop optimizations for cost and performance.
- Maintain a close relationship with other engineering teams to drive and enable DevOps automation.