CloudOps Engineers are members of our Cloud Operations team. CloudOps Engineers design, implement, and monitor tooling, systems and infrastructure that support our customer-facing SaaS applications spanning several virtual and cloud environments, worldwide. CloudOps Engineers also ensure success in areas including incident management, successful deployment of application code and data integrity.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Infrastructure capacity planning.
- Active participation in teams’ work planning.
- Provide off-hours and emergency support through on-call rotation.
- Complete/Get it done.
- Perform deputy role during production outages and performance events.
- Assist with RFO creation, follow-up and resolution.
- Assist with writing/modifying new/existing scripts and infrastructure code.
- Create new virtual servers and environments.
- Monitor and investigate issues in cloud environments.
- Operate and maintain monitoring systems and frameworks in multiple environments.
- Deploy code in multiple environments.
- Mentor Cloud Operations Specialists.
To perform this job optimally, an individual must be able to perform each crucial function satisfactorily. In accordance with applicable laws, Renaissance Learning will provide reasonable accommodations that do not create an undue burden so disabled employees may perform the essential functions of the position.
Education & Experience
- Experience with or well-rounded knowledge of key cloud standard. methodologies, tools, techniques, and frameworks.
- Entry level experience working with programming/scripting languages, infrastructure as code, deployment, and monitoring tools and methodologies
- A sound understanding of application monitoring and troubleshooting.
- Ability to perform code deployments in multiple environments with a variety of tools.
- Ability to build entire datacenter environments with assistance.
- Basic knowledge of infrastructure as code principles.
- Knows basic coding/scripting principles.
Other General Skills
- Experience with Renaissance applications preferred.
- Must have excellent reading/writing skills, must be able to create emails and reports which bring together technical details of problems or situations.
- Ability to perform many functions at once, moving between tasks and functions quickly while accurately completing tasks assigned.
- Report writing will consist of crafting Reason for Outage (RFO) reports and any security reports.
- Ability to communicate optimally in written, oral, and other formats.
- All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
- Salary Range: $65,000-$80,000.