About the job
The Studio team at Twilio is growing and looking for a Devops Engineer (L3) to provide technical leadership and hands-on implementation of devops processes, improve engineering and operations processes to successful engineering teams distributed globally.
Not all applicants will have skills that match a job description exactly. Twilio values diverse experiences in other industries, and we encourage everyone who meets the required qualifications to apply.
While having “desired” qualifications make for a strong candidate, we encourage applicants with alternative experiences to also apply. If your career is just starting or hasn’t followed a traditional path, don’t let that stop you from considering Twilio. We are always looking for people who will bring something new to the table!
- 4+ years of hands-on experience as a software engineer and devops engineer for large scale distributed systems preferably using AWS, GCP and Azure.
- Deep understanding of distributed systems and operational complexities and challenges
- A passion for automation and DevOps-blending operational excellence with development standard methodologies
- Solid experience engaging and improving the whole lifecycle of services from inception and design, through deployment, operation and refinement.
- Scale systems sustainably through mechanisms like automation, and evolve systems by pushing for changes that improve reliability and velocity
- Deep familiarity with bash scripting, service configuration and management.
- Proficiency with one or more programming languages. Go, Ruby, Python, Java are preferred.
- The ability to communicate well- in person, on paper, or in code. You can explain technical concepts to product managers, other engineers, and support members
- Empathy for your customers and teammates
- Short and Long Term Disability Insurance
- Life and Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan with a match
Reimbursement Programs & Stipends
- $65 per month work-from-home stipend
- Up to $50 per month for wellness expenses and activities
- Up to $30 per month to use towards books/eBooks