Senior Privacy Counsel
About the job
This position is needed to support third party engagements and transactions. As Senior Privacy Counsel you will be responsible for partnering with our worldwide procurement and commercial teams, as well as other stakeholders, to understand, structure, draft, and negotiate data protection agreements with suppliers and partners and continue to build upon the Twilio privacy brand.
In this role, you’ll:
- Draft, review and negotiate a broad range of privacy issues in agreements: primarily supplier contracts, but also contracts with customers, partners and carriers.
- Update company templates, on an ongoing basis, to maintain compliance with global privacy law changes.
- Coordinate with a global team of privacy attorneys and professionals to scale and improve processes.
- Triage and prioritize a heavy and dynamic workflow in alignment with enterprise and privacy team priorities, set appropriate expectations with internal business partners while delivering results efficiently
- Deliver training and help educate internal business partners.
Not all applicants will have skills that match a job description exactly. Twilio values diverse experiences in other industries, and we encourage everyone who meets the required qualifications to apply.
While having “desired” qualifications make for a strong candidate, we encourage applicants with alternative experiences to also apply. If your career is just starting or hasn’t followed a traditional path, don’t let that stop you from considering Twilio. We are always looking for people who will bring something new to the table!
- 5-8 years of experience in data protection/privacy law; J.D. degree with admission to at least one State bar or Qualified to practice law in a common law jurisdiction, and in good standing with your local bar.
- Substantial experience negotiating data protection terms of technology and commercial agreements with customers, partners and vendors, including leading negotiations and discussions with critical suppliers.
- Well versed with global privacy laws, particularly the GDPR, and CCPA, familiarity with additional laws (PIPEDA, LGPD, CCPA, APPI, Personal Data Privacy Ordinance, Data Protection Act, etc) is preferred;
- Excellent organizational and communication skills, quick learner with a strong work ethic, sense of initiative, and a good sense of humor.
- Experience in the tech or communications sectors.
- At least one CIPP certification.