Senior Associate Paralegal
What you will do
Let’s do this. Let’s change the world. In this vital role you will provide paralegal support for the Patent Law group and be responsible for the preparation and/or review of U.S. and foreign patent prosecution documents. The successful candidate will work on filing US and foreign patent applications, setting forth filing instructions to outside associates, maintaining follow-up correspondence and ensuring completion of all country specific formalities.
- Filing patent applications internationally through the PCT, entering PCT Chapter II phase, and maintaining correspondence with the International Bureau
- Reviewing and docketing incoming correspondence
- Reviewing documentation prior to submission to the U.S. and foreign Patent Offices
- Coordinating invention disclosure processing and review
- Creating, maintaining and auditing database records
- Serving as a resource to the Patent Department staff regarding U.S. and foreign patent law rules and regulations, including making presentations at patent staff meetings.
What we expect of you
We are all different, yet we all use our unique contributions to serve patients. The legal professional we seek is an individual with these qualifications.
Bachelor’s degree and 2 years of legal experience
Associate’s degree and 6 years of legal experience
High school diploma / GED and 8 years of legal experience
- Associate/baccalaureate degree or completion of an ABA-approved legal assistant/paralegal program
- 4+years intellectual property in biotechnology or pharmaceutical sector
- US and Foreign patent prosecution experience
- Proficiency with Anaqua docketing system
- Motivated self-starter with excellent interpersonal and organizational skills, such as oral and written communication skills.
- A demonstrated ability to solve complex technical problems and to work both independently and in cross-functional teams.
What you can expect of us
As we work to develop treatments that take care of others, we also work to care for our teammates’ professional and personal growth and well-being.
The annual base salary range for this opportunity in the U.S. is $100,180 – $118,787.
In addition to the base salary, Amgen offers a Total Rewards Plan comprising health and welfare plans for staff and eligible dependents, financial plans with opportunities to save towards retirement or other goals, work/life balance, and career development opportunities including:
- Comprehensive employee benefits package, including a Retirement and Savings Plan with generous company contributions, group medical, dental and vision coverage, life and disability insurance, and flexible spending accounts.
- A discretionary annual bonus program, or for field sales representatives, a sales-based incentive plan
- Stock-based long-term incentives
- Award-winning time-off plans and bi-annual company-wide shutdowns
- Flexible work models, including remote work arrangements, where possible