Software Development Engineer in Test
We’re looking for a Software Development Engineer in Test to join our Features department. This cross-functional team is responsible for developing end user customer experiences, making sure they function as designed, and are delivered on time.
What you’ll do
- Live by and champion our values: #day-one, #ownership, #empathy, #humility.
- Be part of a team working closely with other engineers and product managers in rolling out enhancements and new features across Recharge.
- Build out automation frameworks and observability features to help integrate automated tests seamlessly into current development processes to influence shift left approach.
- Measure and enhance reliability, availability, and throughput of core customer experiences serving millions of customers.
- Drive quality across the team by constantly building easy-to-use test frameworks and empowering developers to move towards test driven development (TDD).
- Work with real world problems faced in scaling the business, suggest innovations, enhancements and work with the team in implementing and rolling them out.
- Collaborate with product and engineering teams across the company to build new features or update existing ones at scale.
- Champion good habits (development techniques, security, tech debt balance, TDD, and agile habits) within your team; improve testing standards, tooling, and processes.
- Debug production and test environment issues across multiple levels of the stack.
- Mentor and coach junior engineers within the Quality organization.
- Lead change process of quality initiatives across quality guild and engineering teams.
What you’ll bring
- Typically, 7+ years of relevant systems testing and feature development experience in fast paced environments
- Knowledge of one or more languages like: Ruby, Python, Nodejs
- Proficient with UI automation frameworks and ability to setup CI/CD integration for continuous testing
- Experience with build tools like: Jenkins, CircleCI, or GitLab for continuous deployments
- Self driven; a passion for taking ownership of your work and delivering outcomes
- Ability to work remotely and desire to make an impact at a start-up
- Excellent communication skills, a team player with a ‘winning as a team’ attitude
- Strong computer science fundamentals – data structures and algorithms, quality concepts
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience desired
Engineering at Recharge
- Our values set our tone and pace! We make every day count as if it were Day One. Our collective success is driven by our individual Ownership. We communicate with care and Empathy. And we approach every task with a learner’s open mind and Humility.
- We look for engineers who have strong coding fundamentals, are pragmatic about getting work done, focus on the customer, understand scale, are adaptable to growth and change, and are self-sufficient enough to thrive in a remote-work environment. Our Engineering Interview Process is designed to focus on these key attributes while giving candidates a candid view into what it’s like to work here.
- Our interview process begins with an informational conversation, followed by one-on-one interviews with cross-functional teammates, and concludes with meeting a technical leader. Teammate sessions include hands-on-keyboard technical assessments as well as reviews of relevant projects and career experience.
- Technical challenges make everyday a growth experience and leadership opportunity for teammates at all levels. We serve increasingly sophisticated e-commerce merchants who need new, flexible, feature-rich APIs. We process billions of dollars in recurring payments and we continually expand to support new e-commerce platforms, payment types, geographies, currencies, data capabilities, and advanced e-commerce workflows.
- Engineering culture at Recharge is inclusive and people focused. This focus is on our merchants, their shoppers, and our teammates. We move fast, deliver quality low-risk changes to production multiple times a day, and work with high trust and efficient collaboration.
- Our stack includes: Python, Flask, Redis, Docker, GCP, Terraform, SQLAlchemy and MySQL