Software Development Engineer in Test
Invitae needs engineers with a diverse set of backgrounds to enable us to achieve our mission. We are a cross-functional team of scientific domain experts and dedicated, curious engineers.
We build systems that take massive amounts of genomic data, combine it with the world’s scientific literature, add to it years of rigorously curated results, and package it all neatly for our scientists to consume. It’s a lot of information. As the data gets bigger, our systems need to get better and faster. That’s where you come in.
Invitae is looking for a Software Development Engineer in Test to help us revolutionize healthcare. This role is 100% remote.
What you’ll do:
The Software Development Engineer in Test will be responsible for testing and reporting data quality issues with our Ciitizen Core Platform. The role includes the following:
- Work with Product Managers and developers to understand the features and develop an automation strategy for the Core Platform.
- Design, develop and implement automated testing for backend services and web applications
- Create and maintain regression test suites for the Core Platform and ensure test coverage
- Incorporate test automation into CI/CD process by working closely with DevOps
- Plan for and develop automation scripts for functional and non-functional testing ensuring coverage in breadth as well as depth
- Help establish quality metrics and best practices for QA process
- Report on data quality metrics on a weekly basis
What you bring:
- 5+ years of experience working as a Software Development Engineer in Test
- Experience with manual and automated testing
- Experience with Python, Selenium WebDriver, JS, SQL, HTML/CSS, Jenkins, Postman, and AWS
- Experience using JIRA for issue management
- Strong understanding of software QA methodologies, tools, and approaches
- Diligent and self-driven
- Good communication skills and fast learner
- Thorough with excellent problem solving skills
- Ability to work in a dynamic startup environment
- Experience within the Healthcare domain is a plus