About our Data Services Team:
Our Data Services team’s mission is to promote a data-driven decision-making culture to solve homelessness. We do this by combining a team of experts in data modeling, analytics, and integration with social services experience.
From one-time data migrations into Clarity Human Services to real-time dashboarding, the Data Services team plays an integral role in supporting communities to make data-driven decisions.
The Data Services Engineer will help maintain all aspects of our analytics platform, provide troubleshooting support, identifying opportunities for refinement. They will assist in building out next-generation analytics tools for dashboarding, data science, and data integration.
They will work primarily with internal Bitfocus staff. A passion for data and concern for data integrity are key to a candidate’s success.
As a Data Engineer, You Will:
- Build and refine our analytics platform.
- Develop automated unit-testing processes.
- Build automated data cleansing tools.
- Assist in helping individuals and communities transform their data into actionable insights.
- Contribute to the implementation of HUD policies and procedures as they pertain to data structure and implement best practices in regard to HMIS data analysis.
- Design and build actionable dashboards for all aspects of homeless services.
- Act as a subject matter expert and liaison with other areas within Clarity Human Services on data integration topics.
- Complete ad-hoc projects as assigned.
You Will Love This Position If:
- You want to make an impact. You thrive on helping others and want your work to make a difference.
- You love data and use it to make decisions.
- You want to be part of a world-class, dedicated, supportive team.
Required Experience That Drives Success In This Role:
- 5 years experience in a data modeling or business intelligence environment.
- Strong SQL skills, including the ability to write queries and stored procedures.
- Experience with data analytics tools such as Looker, Tableau, or Qlik.
- Experience with scripting languages such as Python or R.
- Solid understanding of data systems, including data relationships and data modeling with the ability to learn and understand various data environments.
- Sound planning and organizational skills with strong attention to detail.
- Demonstrated ability to handle multiple concurrent projects and priorities in a fast-paced, evolving environment.
- Work independently and with others; self-directed and results-oriented.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Willingness to learn new technologies to best solve data-related issues.
- Effective written and oral communication skills in English.
What Makes You Stand Out:
- Experience working in a completely remote company.
- A college degree (a major in information systems, computer science, mathematics, finance, accounting, statistics, or related field is preferred).
- MariaDB/ MySQL experience preferred.
- Data Analytics tools such as Looker or Tableau preferred
- Strong preference for experience in social services and/or HMIS experience.
How We’ll Support You:
- Work in a fully remote/virtual environment
- A unique, friendly, and caring culture! Hear more from our employees on Glassdoor
- Medical (100% paid for employees)
- 12 weeks of 100% paid parental leave
- Dental and vision insurance
- 24/7 telehealth services for your whole family
- 401K Retirement Plan
- Paid time off
- Paid volunteer time off
- 13 paid holidays
- Bitfocus primarily uses Apple computers; all new employees receive either an iMac or MacBook Pro to use in their role at Bitfocus
- Opportunities for professional growth and development