About the job
This role enables our customers to build the future of communications. The Twilio Solutions Engineer is a critical part of the sales team.
Twilio’s Solutions Engineer is responsible for delivering the technical win at customer accounts. They lead the technical pre-sales relationship, propose technical architectures, demonstrate the product, anticipates concerns, and offers creative solutions. They build customer trust in Twilio solutions.
Solutions Engineers should be comfortable engaging a CEO or sketching out an API flow on a whiteboard with customer software engineers.
In this role, you’ll:
- Help customers achieve success by leading the technical and product sale, recommending best-practice solutions, and guiding them on how to use Twilio’s APIs.
- Owns the technical sales process from qualification to technical win by performing excellent discovery and helping demonstrate the best way to use Twilio products to achieve (and often exceed) their goals.
- Hands-on, high-energy, passionate, and creative problem solver with know how to get things done and ability to lead others to success.
- Takes the initiative to identify and solve problem – both for the customer and within the organization as we grow
- Builds highly interactive and engaging customer demonstrations while forming strong customer relationships
Not all applicants will have skills that match a job description exactly. Twilio values diverse experiences in other industries, and we encourage everyone who meets the required qualifications to apply.
While having “desired” qualifications make for a strong candidate, we encourage applicants with alternative experiences to also apply. If your career is just starting or hasn’t followed a traditional path, don’t let that stop you from considering Twilio. We are always looking for people who will bring something new to the table!
Twilio is looking for a Solutions Engineer with a strong desire to work in a technical pre-sales role.
- 2+ years direct pre-sales experience and professional related technical experience
- Excellent communicator and presenter able to gain audience confidence
- Ability to build a deep understanding of a customer’s communications needs and guide them to a technical solution
- Previous software development experience in one or more of the following areas:
- backend (Java, C#, Node.js, Python, PHP)
- Experience building with REST APIs
- Familiarity with cloud platforms (Amazon Web Services, Google Cloud, Microsoft Azure) and cloud application architecture.
- Previous experience in Telecom, SIP, Contact Center, or Security is a plus.