DomainTools is looking for a motivated and experienced Production System Engineer to join our Technical Operations team. We are passionate about open source big data technologies to support our SaaS offerings and operations of our growing business.
The TechOps team supports the operation of our product infrastructure including on-premise and cloud systems as well as IT operations of our office space in downtown Seattle. We are focusing on automation, scaling, and improving visibility into our infrastructure and processes.
- Build, configure, and maintain Linux based systems in mixed colocation environment and public cloud
- Deploy, manage, and monitor database systems including replication, and high availability configurations
- Troubleshoot complex systems based on open source technologies
- Analyze legacy systems functionality and help build replacements and upgrades.
- Build and maintain operational documentation for new and existing systems
- Improve and refine logging, monitoring and metrics gathered on our systems
- Research, recommend and implement tools to help drive our mission of scalability, self-service, and reliability
- Participate in on-call rotation with fellow team members
- Strong focus on supporting the product development team
- Support for office IT needs as workload demands (occasional)
- Willingness to dive into problems, whether familiar or not
- Commitment to continuous improvement for the team
- 3-5 years experience in Linux systems engineering roles
- Passion for automation
- SaaS product support experience preferred
- Experience with configuration management tools, preferably Ansible
- Building and supporting virtualization technologies
- Familiarity with big data technologies as well as relational databases
- Understanding of server hardware and hardware troubleshooting
- Familiarity with both a Colocation Data center environment as well as Public cloud
- Compute: CentOS, AWS EC2, Nutanix, KVM
- Big Data: Hortonworks, Elastic Search, Cassandra, Kafka
- Databases: MySQL/MariaDB
- DevOps: Ansible, Terraform, GitLab, Hashicorp Vault/Consul
- Containers and orchestration: Docker, Kubernetes
- Monitoring/metrics: Icinga/Nagios, Graphite, Grafana, AWS cloudwatch
- Logging: ELK, Splunk
DomainTools is the leader in domain name, DNS and Internet OSINT-based cyber threat intelligence and cybercrime forensics products and data. With over 15 years of domain name, DNS and related ‘cyber fingerprint’ data across the Internet, DomainTools helps companies assess security threat risks, profile attackers, investigate online fraud and crimes, and map cyber activity in order to stop attacks.
Our customers include many Fortune 500 companies, including leaders in Internet technology, banking, consumer products, manufacturing and government. We are located in Downtown Seattle (but you can stay remote indefinitely) in a very cool office staffed with smart and energetic co-workers. We provide great benefits such as fully paid premiums on medical plans for employees, pet insurance, unlimited PTO, and flexible scheduling to name a few.
DomainTools embraces diversity, equity, and inclusion to its fullest as an equal opportunity employer. We build our teams so creativity and innovation can flourish. We believe inclusivity and equity fosters innovation and growth; and we harness this mindset to drive a culture that serves our employees and our customers.
We encourage people of all backgrounds, ages, perspectives, and skill sets to apply; and do not discriminate based on age, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, veteran status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by law.