Android Software Engineer
About the job
This position is needed to build and deliver Voice functionality to our customers through the Android SDK. Programmable Voice is one of Twilio’s foundational channels which empowers our customers and internal product team to build delightful solutions.
The features you deliver will be used by thousands of customers at scale, often as their business’ lifeline. Use cases range from contact centers to healthcare services, from warehouse staff to client advisors.
In this role, you’ll:
- Use your skills and creativity to solve problems and build functionality into Twilio’s Android SDK
- Drive the design, development and shipping of significant new features with predictable velocity
- Work closely with a talented team of cross-functional engineers, designers and product managers.
- Continuously adapt to the evolving Android ecosystem to maximize engineering efficiency
- CI/CD pipeline
- Android upgrade compatibility
- Enhance automated tests
- Own Twilio’s customer’s developer experience
- Monitor and triage customer issues and Git repo issues
- Enhance Twilio Voice reference apps
Not all applicants will have skills that match a job description exactly. Twilio values diverse experiences in other industries, and we encourage everyone who meets the required qualifications to apply.
While having “desired” qualifications make for a strong candidate, we encourage applicants with alternative experiences to also apply. If your career is just starting or hasn’t followed a traditional path, don’t let that stop you from considering Twilio. We are always looking for people who will bring something new to the table!
- Android professional with experience in writing production level mobile applications and customer facing SDKs
- Fluent in Java or Kotlin
- Knowledgeable of the Android development ecosystem, frameworks, 3rd party libraries
- Experience in the full mobile development cycle
- 3+ years of software development experience
- Experience with build toolkits – e.g. Maven, Gradle
- Champion of automated build and test pipelines and test-driven development
- Maintained high level of code coverage
- Experience with Firebase Test Lab (Desired)
- Strong written communication: proven track record of delivering customer facing documentation
- Knowledgeable about C++, React Native
- Experience with CI/CD – e.g. CircleCI, TravisCI
- Experience with Java Native Interface (JNI) and Android NDK
- Knowledgable or interested in WebRTC or comparable media engine
- Experience building production quality mobile apps (via Android app store) or libraries from scratch