Graphic and CMF Design Manager
Working cross-functionally with our Product Development and Creative teams, Lovevery is looking for a Graphic and CMF Design Manager to play a role in the oversight of the visual direction of our physical products.
As a strategic partner to Product Innovation, Product Development, and industrial designers, The Design Manager will be responsible for executing developmentally appropriate, aesthetically beautiful design solutions. The following attributes in a candidate are essential to success in this role:
- Deeply absorb child development intent of each product and use visual design to bring that to life
- Provide color, pattern, and visual guidance for physical products in collaboration with product designers, product development, and Creative Director
- Participate in idea generation and design reviews through various stages of new product development
- Provide input on material selection for physical products
- Manage, lead, and develop a team of graphic designers and illustrators, both internal and freelance
- Have a pulse on the market and continue to visually evolve the Lovevery Brand
- Develop a strong understanding of Lovevery’s design system and know when to break the rules
- Have an extremely sharp eye for every detail
- Maintain high creative standards
- Ability to stay organized and manage bandwidth in order to execute multiple projects simultaneously
- Inspire new ways of thinking, using fresh and unique approaches to design problems
- Highly creative with a sharp eye for details — You pore over art, design, photography, and trends for information and inspiration.
- Strong knowledge of design elements and principles — You understand the systems of graphic design in order to create work that is both aesthetically beautiful and effective.
- Strong physical product sense — You understand the role color, material and finish play in bringing the vision of a physical product to its best form.
- Project Management — Work ethic, responsiveness, and results orientation matter in every role at Lovevery. With everyone driving hard to achieve the company’s goals, it is critical to have strong project planning skills.
- Collaboration — Work with Product Innovation, Product Development, Industrial Design, and Creative teams to produce conceptual design directions for all executions.
- Ability to execute strategically and tactically — You can see the big picture and think systemically and you are obsessive about nailing specific details that make a product flawless.
- Communication — You are comfortable working with all business strategy managers throughout the creative process to meet design objectives and timelines.
- 4 year BA / BFA Degree in Product Design, Fine Arts, or other design related field
- 5+ years of experience in a product design role
- 2+ years leading a team of designers
- Proof of full COVID-19 vaccination is required
- A compelling portfolio of work, with an emphasis on product design
- A strong design aesthetic
- Creative problem-solving skills
- Process and take action on creative feedback
- Highly collaborative
- Ability to manage multiple ongoing tasks at one time through excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Experience using project management software
- Responsible by nature
- Proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite
- Proficiency in CAD software/ 3D modeling software a plus
Salary Range Information
Based on market data and other factors, the salary range for this position is $80,000 to $123,000. However, a salary higher or lower than this range may be appropriate for a candidate whose qualifications differ meaningfully from those listed in the job description.